Chapter Fourteen

Cover made by theworddealer

Chapter Fourteen

I wake up happy that I'm going to finally be making money again, but upset about my dating life.

The three of us eat breakfast together before heading to the coffee shop. When we arrive, Diana is waiting there for me with my new uniform and paperwork. Great.

She then proceeds to tell Casey she's in charge for the day and tells them to retrain me and leaves.

All morning, I slowly fill out the paperwork while they show me where everything is. Diana had the shop remodeled since I worked here my first semester of graduate school, so everything has been moved.

Jordyn is helping me make a couple of drinks for some customers when a certain someone interrupts.

"So you work here now?"

I turn to confirm who said it, and sure enough, Brendan stands there with an amused look as he watches us. I nervously laugh and Jordyn urges me to go over there.

"Yeah, I was hired last night," I answered him once I approached the counter.

"Well, I'll have my usual," he requested with a smile on his face. I punch in his order and Casey grabs a cup before I can and writes something down before handing it to me along with the sharpie. I try to hide my reaction when I see my phone number written on the cup and when she walks away with a loud you're welcome to the two of us.

I continue down the list of the names I created for him and go with Braedan. Luckily this time it doesn't look like chicken scratch.

I hand him his drink when I'm done making it and he leaves with a thank you and a wink. My heart flutters from the wink and Casey makes it clear she saw it.

Not much longer after, I get a text message that says 'send Casey my thanks' with a wink attached.

I can't fight the blush that warms my cheeks after reading it.