Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight (Oliver's POV)

I was so angry.

I felt like my blood was boiling as I dropped Nick off at home. He gave me a concerned stare before he slammed the door shut and went inside. I didn't want to go back home. I wanted to take my time, so I took my time driving on the wet roads as rain poured down, flooding the swamp across the street from the neighborhood.

The windshield wipers flashed across the glass and just irritated me even more.

It wasn't fair! Why wasn't anything fair?

I finally had Nick to myself, or so I thought. Now, not only does he want to keep our relationship hidden until graduation, but my dad had caught us kissing and he was being a total jerk about it! I didn't lie about anything, not exactly! I just didn't mention the real relationship between Nick and I.

If my dad reacted like that, how would Nick's mother react? Would she hate me too? Probably, that's why he won't let me meet her. How was this kind of relationship supposed to work?

Just thinking about it made me so mad I pushed harder on the gas, which was a big mistake.

I gasped as the car slid across the wet pavement. I swerved to the right and hit the brakes, causing water to splash up around the car before it stopped, just before going over the edge of the ditch. I panted, my heart pounding violently in my chest as I stared out the windshield and down into the wet, thick swamp below.

Jesus Christ. I almost died. Had I not hit the brakes when I did, I'd of plunged head first into the swamp and probably slammed into the tree that was down there.

I sat in the car, my body trembling as I stared in shock, trying to calm down.

I needed to get home. Forget it. I couldn't stay out here with it raining this badly. Not to mention, I heard the sound of thunder murmuring in the distance. I carefully put the car in reverse, mud flying out from under the wheels as I slowly backed up onto the road again. I drove at twenty-five the whole way back home.

I got out of my car, my legs still shaking as I hurried to get inside as the rain practically soaked me to the bone by the time I got to the door. I came inside, welcoming the warmth until I saw my dad waiting at the bottom of the stairs, still dressed like some bad ass biker. I glared at him, but it didn't effect him at all as he held his hand out for my keys.

"I'm not giving them to you," I snapped suddenly, "I wouldn't have a way to school."

"It's called the bus, kiddo, now give me the keys. They're not yours." Rick commanded. I felt the rage from before strike back far harder than before mixed with the shock from almost driving off the road and into a ditch. I threw them at his feet.

"Fine, take them, I don't need them."

"You better check your attitude. You're in high school, stop acting like a brat."

"I'm not the one acting like a kid! I finally bring someone home and you act like such a jerk! Nick wasn't doing anything wrong and was just trying to impress you!"

"Making out in the kitchen is supposed to impress me? Yea, sure it does. Impresses me that he's that stupid."

"That's not fair! At least it was a kiss and not something bigger!"

"And who's to say you haven't done something worse? Your dad said you were up in your room for hours. Together. Alone. I can't tell who's stupider. You or him."

"I'm not stupid! And we weren't doing anything wrong!"

"In case you haven't noticed, I'm of the male species too and we both know what's important in a relationship."