RWBY and Destiny crossover Vol 1 Chapter 11

Y/N's POV

             As much as I would have liked to go down and assist Jaune with his fight, I didn't for that very reason.  It was his fight and his alone.  I watched as Cardin continuously pushed him to the ground, saying things that I couldn't quite hear.  He picked Jaune up by the collar, lifting him off his feet, saying a few things before winding up for one final punch, only for a bright light to appear, making Cardin drop Jaune to the ground and hold his fist in pain.

Y/N: What the...?

             Jaune seemed surprised himself, but he was unable to hold on to it for much longer, considering team CRDL weren't ones to give up easily.  I sighed and stood up from the tree I was perched on, summoning my sword and leaping down to where they were.

Y/N: CARDIN!

              Turning around, the four of them starred in my direction, their eyes visible showing that they were hesitant to fight me, but didn't seem to want to back down.  Turning my gaze to Cardin's sap covered breastplate, I laughed.

Y/N: What happened there, Cardin?  Need a bib to eat your food?

Cardin: Shut up!  This is none of your business.  Get out of here or I'll spill Jaune-y boy's little secret.

Y/N: Secret?  A secret, huh?  Please, enlighten me...

Cardin: What?

Y/N: What's the secret?  I'm sure it's gotta be devastating.

             I saw a worried face fall upon Jaune, Cardin's smirk widening.

Cardin: Well you see, it seems Jaune over here got himself into Beacon through fake tr-

Y/N: Yeah, yeah, I get it now.  Sooo... does that mean I can also get you in trouble for blackmailing another student into doing your dirty work?

Cardin: What?!  He faked-!

Y/N: I know what he did... but did you consider what YOU did?

Cardin: I-

              A loud roar was heard throughout the forest before a large Ursa crashed through the trees behind the others.  It looked significantly different from the rest that I'd seen, large white armored spikes rising out of its back with extra armor covering its face.

Y/N: Well, that's not good...

             Not even without a second thought, the three other members of team CRDL ran past me in the other direction, yelling in fear while leaving their leader to fend for himself.  

Ghost: What's the plan?

Y/N: I'm thinking...

               Cardin was being backed up into a tree, his mace being the only thing to protect him.  He showed horror in his eyes, but once the Grimm was ready to strike, the Huntsman in trainer held up his weapon in desperation.  The Ursa batted it with such strength that it hurdled passed my face and into the trees behind me.

Ghost: Y/N?  It's going to kill him if we don't do anything!

Y/N: Not necessarily...

                  I scanned the beast after Cardin made a quick break for it behind another tree.  It was more focused to Cardin than it was to Jaune, but it seemed to be considering the other option, me.  

Y/N: Hmm...

               I took a few steps back, placing my blade on my back.

Y/N: Let's see if "ladies man Jaune" will save his arch enemy.