Chapter 3

~Leonardo~

We stopped at an old farm house that was West of New York City, we had another up North that we let some girl named April buy. It was almost dark, with the full moon glowing above us. Karai ordered the newly made employees to make a line facing us. I locked eyes with Donatello and then Michelangelo. I wanted to know more about them, when they both felt so familiar, but maybe it was just a longing to get to know others who were like my brother and I. Karai nodded to me, knowing what that meant, I stepped forward to give them an "initiation speech," as she called it. All the employees straightened up quickly, hoping to impress. Us three leaders walked down the line, fixing postures. I began speaking, while they intently listened, "You all may know who your working for, leaders or bosses of the Hamato Solutions. You will get to know us better in the nights we meet here and during days that we work together. All of you will learn the way of the ninja; you will become one of us. You will be tested on your skills, and there will be many tests. You will all struggle, but those of you who completely fail, will be sent home and will not come back. Those of you who pass at top of your groups, will receive a reward. We will train for half a month at every other night, learning the basics, but it's not enough time to learn more moves. The reason we will only be training for half a month with all of you is so we won't waste our time on those of you who may fail. The ranks and your different classes will determine where you will work in the office. Any questions?"

A rather tall girl with a long braided pony tail stepped forwards, "Yea, what are the classes?"

As she stepped back, I replied, "The classes are security, STEM, arts, socializing and organizing, and many more that are listed on your sign-up sheets."

This time, a short man walked forwards, "What is the purpose of having the ranks?"

He stepped back into the line quickly, so I could speak, "The ranks are designed to show me which of you actually work hard and those who slack. I don't want to pay freeloaders."

Another girl stepped up, younger this time and wearing glasses, she spoke in a small voice, "Um... Why weren't we told we would be doing this?"

A few other people nodded, showing that they agreed, including Donatello and Michelangelo. "Did you not read the contract you signed?" I asked, clearly irritated, "You know, most people actually read things before they sign them, especially if it's for a job. The contract stated: The employee must go through a half month of training. If failing the class, they will no get the real job; if the employee does succeed, they will continue with the class and earn their place in the Hamato Solutions workplace. If an employee is injured severely, Hamato Solutions will pay half of the hospital bill or we will treat it our self."

"Sounds like the Hamatos have lots of halves for deals," someone murmured in the crowed.

I quickly looked for who had said that. Once I spotted a young, arrogant looking person, I spoke calmly, "Did you make that statement?"

He rolled his eyes, and his voice was full of attitude, "Duh, can't you hear?"

I moved towards him with an icy glare, "The only thing I hear is a warning: If you step out of your place in this business one more time, your cut. Understand?"

He nodded, but didn't seem affected. I turned around an walked towards Karai, hearing loud footsteps following me quickly. I saw her smirk and she gave one nod of her head. I smirked as well and turned around, grabbing the shirt of the arrogant man as he ran past me. I'm guessing he hadn't expected me to hear him coming. I threw him to the ground and stood over him, "Go home."

His eyes widened, "I don't have a ride home."

"There are no more favors from us after this." I turned back to Karai, "Please hand out the paperwork so they can fill it out on the way back."