Chapter 1

I got us both home in no time but we were still wet from the rain. If only I had brought my chaos emerald, oh well I thought. I went into my bedroom and I put on a black hoodie and turned up the heat. I then remembered about the shivering baby hedgehog in my hands. I quickly set him down by heater and wrapped in a blanket that I had lying around. I didn't have the stuff to take care of a baby so I knew I needed to get some and fast. I called Vanilla and asked her if she could bring over some of cream's old baby toys and other stuff. She agreed and told me she would be over by tomorrow with everything.

Sonic and I quickly fell asleep in my bed together and it was the next morning when the sound of knocking woke me up. I ran over to the door and I saw Cream and Vanilla holding a bunch of stuff that I asked for. I helped them bring it in and then Cream returned back to their car and it was just me and Vanilla. "So shadow, what do you need all this stuff for?" "Look, sonic got turned into a baby and I got chosen to take care of him." "Oh, so then you probably don't want that to spread around." "Yeah, I can't have Sonic's enemies knowing he's a helpless infant now." Vanilla nodded and left.

I returned to my room to see sonic was still sleeping peacefully. I carefully picked him up and brought him into my kitchen. I hold him and wake him up. His little green emerald eyes lock with mine as I slowly move a bottle of warm milk towards his mouth. He begins drinking but continues to look at me. I reach down and pet him slightly and he purrs softly while drinking the warm milk. Pretty soon he finishes and buries his face into my chest fluff. I reach over and notice he was crying. I took him back to my room after realizing he needed a new diaper to change it. It was easy as he only peed and before I knew it he was sound asleep in my arms.

I started to lay him down but he started whining. I tried again with the same result. I quickly laid him down but he started crying so I reached over and started to rub his back. "There there, little one, I'm still here." I gently whispered to him and his crying stopped just like that. I stayed with him until I was sure he was asleep. Afterwards I noticed that it was already two and that the day was going fast. Later around four I found sonic and he was silently sobbing but also still asleep and I knew he was having a bad dream. I tried to comfort him and it worked after a while he was up and playing with some toys in the living room.

It was six now and I was feeding sonic when a G.U.N soldier was at my door. "Project Shadow, Commander just wanted to know if you could show up for some testing tomorrow. He'll pay you Shadow." I thought for a moment but I knew I would need the extra cash. "Sure." Was all I said and he left.  I looked at sonic, he was happily drinking his milk. I thought for a moment and realized that he would need a babysitter. I would ask Vanilla or tails.

First I finished feeding sonic, then after I burped him I put him in the crib to nap. Then I went to the phone and called vanilla. "Hello, who is this?" She asked. "It's uh me, Shadow, I was wondering if you could babysit sonic since I need to go to work tomorrow." "Sorry, I'm a bit busy tomorrow, cream is inviting friends over tomorrow, and well I think you understand." "Alright, bye then..." I hung up and called tails. "Tails could you babysit sonic tomorrow?" "Why can't you watch him?" Tails asked. "Because I need to go work, look I'll take him back afterwards I just need you to watch him for two hours, is that okay?" There was silence but then he sighed and said, "Fine but please realize I don't have much experience with small children." "You'll be fine, see you tomorrow." I hung up.

I watched TV until eight and then the sound of distinct crying drew my attention. It smelled awful and I knew it was that sonic needed diaper change. I cleaned him up and put a fresh pair of socks on him and a new diaper. He stopped his crying and was sleeping in my arms. I went to put him back in his crib but he grabbed the bar and refused to let me lower him. I stopped and I took him to my room where we both slept for the rest of the night.