The Wedding

I pulled down on my soft pink dress as I stood in front of the mirror. I might say I look good in pink if it wasn't for all the wrong reasons. See my mom, my real mom died last year and I knew one day this would happen and I promised myself I would be happy. But I feel like it was just yesterday my mom, his wife passed away. And it's tough. I kinda don't like his new wife. Even though she is actually really pretty, I feel like she's up to something and I don't know what it is.

"Somi." My friend Younji spoke from behind me. She wore a simple sky blue dress with white heels. It was in the middle of May meaning it was extremely hot for a weeding day, but dad and his new wife Jiyung wanted in May so for June, July, and August they could spend their honeymoon together. Sounds sweet right? Well no! I'm being left alone with two new step brothers I've never even met yet.

See this is Jiyung's third husband. The first one she had, she gave birth to the first boy, and the second husband she gave birth to the second boy. I won't be surprise if she gets pregnant again and then a divorce again. That's what I mean, she rotten. If I was her I would be ashamed to get married a third time. Well that's just me.

"Yeah." I answered fixing a single strand of hair.

"It's time." She said holding out the small pretty pink, yellow, and white flowers. I walked up to Younji grabbing her hand.

"You can still drive right?" I question playfully but deep down I was wishing she could take me away. I could live with her! I mean her parents are extremely nice and funny I would love to live with them.

"You got this. After the wedding where are you going?" Younji asked as I took the flowers from her.

"My new driver is coming to pick me up to take me to my new home. Dad has already sent over all my things I just need to transfer schools now." I said pulling on the dress once again. I hate dresses!

"I guess we can only see each other every other weekend." Younji smiled hiding her tears. I pulled her into a tight hug knowing it would be awhile until I saw her again.

"Okay. Wish me luck!" I smiled walking down the hallway with Jiyung's friends and her one sister. Once we lined up I saw my dad standing up front in a black tuxedo. He looked completely handsome and amazingly happy. Maybe, just maybe for my dad I can be happy for him and Jiyung. I mean she isn't the worst, not evil step mother you see in fairy tales.

Once the music started playing Jiyung came walking down the aisle in a enchanting white dress. I was actually surprise they didn't want to do a traditional Korean weeding but a more modern style. I guess Jiyung has more today's class then traditional. Not hating.

Oh gosh here we go.

~~~

After the weeding I grabbed a plate full of food taking it back to the empty table I sat at. A few minutes later Younji came up with a even bigger plate of food. I stared at her shocked for a minute.

"I thought you were leaving right after the kiss?" I question smiling. Truthfully I'm glad she's here.

"Eh, I told my parents I would at least eat dinner with you. They said it was fine." Younji said grabbing her fork. I felt like crying as I watched my best friend eat. I can't believe I'm moving to Seoul leaving her behind. I know it's only a hour drive but it's going to be hard. We actually live next door to each other and have been friends since middle school. I've made other friends but never any like Younji.

Once we finished eating it was really time for me to say goodbye, not only to Younji, but to my father as well. I ran up to him hugging him tight. He held me tight as well as tears started rolling down my face. Somi! It's only three months. He's not leaving forever.