Chapter 13

Once Jace pulled up at the bus stop I don't think I've ever ran as fast as I did into Jace's arms, he didn't ask questions since I could barely speak between sobs. He just put me in the car and drove me back to his place, where he'd texted all the guys to meet and here I was, sitting in the lounge waiting for the guys to arrive.
"Yo yo, snoop dog in da house" Liam ran in but once he saw me, him and Eli both stopped and looked at me like they'd seen a ghost.
"Sit guys" I motioned and they sat beside Jace on the couch.
"I thought you were at some ball thing being auctioned"
"I was, my bidder was one of the men Kyle owed money too. Let's just say you want be getting any more threats" I gave a half hearted chuckle but saw the boys faces and wanted to cry.
"What did they do?" Jace gritted his teeth, I lifted up my jumper sleeve pulling off the bloody cloth, I saw Liam cringe and Elis mouth just kinda dropped whilst a tear fell down Jace's cheek "anything else?" His voice was almost a whisper, I just dropped my head as a tear fell down my cheek "use your imagination" my voice cracked as I met eyes with three boys I love more than anything, Jace stood up pulling me into his chest as a wet tear from him landed on my cheek.

"Fuck Katie I am so sorry, I should've been there" he mumbled, I could hear the equal amount of pain and anger in his voice. I pulled back giving Eli and Liam hugs as well as we all huddled in blankets on the couch.
"I have to ask, how'd you get out?" Eli frowned.
"Apparently Kyle deposited the money in their account this morning after some encouragement, they packed there things and said I could go, the debt was paid"
"They just let you go, did you get his name?"
"Yeah but no name he told me a fake one at the auction" they just nodded.
"Pretty Little Liars?" Liam asked and I nodded slightly smiling, they're all I need.

At least 4 episodes later we heard a banging at the door, then Kyle burst through staring at me with bloodshot eyes, I got up from my spot on the couch walking towards him "are you happy now? It takes me actually getting taken for you to pay up" I spat at him.
"I'm so sorry Katie, I was getting the money"
"Don't lie to me Kyle, do not dare lie to me, you ruined me, I had never felt so broken and alone in my life" I cried shoving him in the chest.
"What do you mean? What did they do?" He mumbled looking at me.
"Oh let's start with this" I shoved my arm in his face and he frowned "and then to put the cherry on top your stupid fellow gambler had a great time putting himself inside me" and at that his whole face literally dropped.
"I am so sorry" he was crying.
"No you don't get to cry Kyle, you don't get anything" I shoved him towards the door, Jace pulled me back whilst Liam stood in front of both of us drawing his fist back letting it fly straight into Kyle's face, Kyle just stumbled backwards running away from Jace's house, when Liam turned around he had tears running down his face.

"Li, don't cry for me" I wrapped my arms around his running his back.
"Katie I really don't think you know how much you mean to us" he said pulling back, I looked at all the boys and they nodded at his words. I never knew I'd have such an impact on them.

***
"Are you sure you want to go to school? You look like rubbish"
"Liam you are just the sweetest at giving compliments, and yes I'm going" he nodded starting the car, Liam picked me up today and I may be dealing with a slight hangover and he was probably right that I looked like shit, I mean I did shower this morning so that's an improvement to usual but I was still only wearing converse, jeans and a slightly baggy t-shirt, and of course topped off with my sunnies, a girls best friend in this state.
"Why were you even drinking last night?"
"I told you I couldn't sleep, I just kept waking up to the same visions" he nodded understanding what I was talking about.

As we walked down the halls I kept my sunnies on, my head was pounding and the bright lights and chattering were not helping, at all. I saw Jace and Eli laughing at he lockers till they spotted me "well aren't you a vision" Eli laughed.
"Will you be quite, my head is pounding" they all looked at me curious apart from Liam, I rested my head against the wall groaning.
"She couldn't sleep so drunk till she pretty much passed out" nice explanation Liam, can you make it sound any classier. I shoved him back as they slightly snickered at his explanation, I grabbed my books walking to first period, dodging the quizative stares and snarky comments, just as I sat down feeling at peace Mr Randolf had to go ahead and ruin it.
"Sunnies off Miss Summers, this is class not the beach" the class let out muffled laughs at his request.
"No need to be a dick about it" I mumbled.
"What was that Katie?" I met eyes with Mr Randolf as I slid off the sunnies.
"Mr Randolf I believe she called you a, pardon my language, a dick" I whipped my head around to find a smirking Carley, I've already punched this girl but she continues to taunt me.
"Leave my class Miss Summers, wait in the hall for rest of period, and you'll be attending detention tonight" I groaned grabbing my books shoving my chair back storming out the class room making sure to slam the door on my way out. I slid to the floor in the hallway placing my books beside me, Jesus life is great.