Chapter 4

CHAPTER 4 

It was Friday, the day for my two minute interview with Xavier. Sunday was the day of the eliminations, the day I was going home. I pulled Rose's piece advice over and over through my head but I just didn't get it. I just wanted to go home, back into the quietness of Maine.

I was lounging around as each girl went into the recording room. Rose and I as playing catch in our mouths with grapes which were lying on the coffee table. Girls around us were either hyperventilating about meeting their 'future husband' or dressing themselves up more with make up although the stylists had already gone around to each girl. My stylist, Jo, put my curly red-brown hair in a high ponytail with my hair hanging in loose curls. I had wisps of hair framing my face. Jo was really nice and understood that I didn't like wearing heaps of make up. So she put concealer on where I needed it and covered my lashes with mascara and outlined the bottom of my eyes with eye liner to make my blue almost purple eyes "pop," as she said. After covering my lips with a tinted Chapstick, she said I was done.

There were two FBI guys, who I found out were actually SS guys (secret service who protected not only Xavier but his billionaire father who owned the Gold Music producing company). Anyway, the SS guys stood guard when an assistant came out the door and called my number.

I stood up and followed the bleach blonde chick into the room. The room was set up pretty fancy. There was an oriental rug laid over the black flooring and I could see the cords crossing underneath. There were two arm chairs, one where Xavier was sitting and the other for me. There were a few other props around to make it a 'homey' environment but all in all it just looked fake.

When Elliot saw it was me he rolled his eyes and said sarcastically, "Oh great, the lovely ninety-eight is here."

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes back but as he turned around I stuck my finger up at him. I heard a chuckle and saw Xavier looking at me with amusement.

Another assistant ushered me to sit and I saw that the camera behind me had some questions that Xavier could read.

They dimmed the lighting and everyone became silent. Elliot stood between Xavier and me and said,

"Ok, Mr. Matthews is going to ask you questions, you're going to answer politely and remember this is the decider for the top 50. I don't care if you want to be here or not you have to be polite. No back answering, no swearing and no eye rolling."

I rolled my eyes at him but nodded.

He scowled at me, "Watch it ninety-eight, I'm up to here with you." He held his hand up to his neck.

Elliot then moved behind the camera man and held his fingers out counting down.

"We're on in five, four, three, two..." He pointed to Xavier.

Xavier started talking, "What's your name?"

"Annabelle Kennedy but my friends call me Annie."

"So where are you from Annie?"

I clearly said my friends call me Annie! He is NOT my friend he shouldn't be calling me Annie! He saw the annoyance in my eyes and he hid a smirk while I answered the question as calmly as possible, "I'm from Maine."

He nodded seriously, "What do you like to do in your spare time?"

"I like to make music,"

He raised an eyebrow, "Do you play any instruments?"

I shrugged, "A few," he made a motion to tell him.

"I play the guitar, piano, banjo, violin, bass guitar, cello and a little bit of the drums."