28.

"What do you mean it got stolen?" I asked skeptically.

I was really hoping this was one of Theo's stupid jokes, but by the look on his completely somber face he was being completely truthful.

"What I mean is I went in the gas station, my car was there, then when I exited the gas station it had vanished. I already called the police. They know the license plate number, make, and model, and they told me they'd be on the look out for it. They said they'll be coming here soon to check the surveillance cameras and then we can ride back with them to the station. Let's just hope it'll be soon." He said sounding hopeful.

I leaned back against the bench and let out a defeated sigh. This was all my fault. If Theo hadn't got stuck driving me down here he wouldn't be stuck in this situation. I felt terrible and I didn't know where to begin with my apologies.

"I'm sorry, Theo."

He went from hunched over to sitting poker straight within seconds. I was honestly surprised he hadn't broke his spine from such quick movements. "What are you talking about?" He questioned with raised eyebrows.

"Well your car's gone and-"

"No. No. No, Amaya," his whole body was now turned towards me and his hands were on my upper arms holding me in one spot as he shook his head profusely. "None of this is your fault. I don't want you blaming yourself. It was the total punk who stole my car's fault."

"But if I wasn't sleeping here and I was watching your car I probably could've saw and stopped whoever stole it." I explained to him.

I glanced down to Gracie and she currently sat on her tooshie with her tail wagging and her bright pink tongue hanging out. She was practically begging for me to pick her up.

The grin that took over my lips was immediate and honestly couldn't be avoided. I reached down and picked Gracie up before setting her on my lap and pet her soothingly.

I could feel Theo's gaze on me and I couldn't help but turn towards him. Gracie pawed at my hand to keep petting her, but I ignored her since all of my attention was on Theo now.

For some reason he was watching me intently with a small but genuine smile on his face. Why he was doing so, I had no clue.

"What is it, Theo?" I asked beginning to become curious.

"It's you." He continued to grin with his perfectly straight and white teeth. How did this guy manage to stay this perfect??

"Okay...what about me?" I wondered aloud.

"The fact that no matter what happens to me, or you, or pretty much anyone, you always seem to find a way to take blame for it. A bank in Spain could get robbed and you'd probably find a way to fit yourself into the equation. While it's appreciated, your self-sacrifice is not needed, princess." He tucked a loose strand of my hair back behind my ear.

His fingers lingered behind my ear for a second longer before they traced their way up my jawline before his thumb landed on my chin holding me in place. Good thing too because I felt like I was going to faint.

His beautiful brown eyes searched mine and twinkled with amazement.

"You truly are beautiful, Amaya. Inside and out." He whispered almost so quiet I barely heard him.