Chapter 14

A week has past since that day, Julie never asked any questions. Things were near back to normal.

Alice looked at me more often, I didn't like it. Now looking at her former boyfriend, I see she wasn't lying, they had broken up. I wonder how I didn't even notice. Not that it matters.

"Gen, psst."

A small paper ball hit my face, soon followed by another as I continued to ignore her. If she keeps doing this I'll start hating her again.

Liar.

I sigh, turning my head only to quickly shut my eyes. The crumpled paper hit my nose and dropped on the floor. No one seemed to care or notice.

"What?" I asked, now a little annoyed.

"Hi!" She gave me an enthusiastic wave. I nearly smile, giving her a raised eyebrow in response before quickly turning right around.

She always did this.

And it was annoying, still is. But I found that I really started to enjoy this, weird, I know.

But it's hard not to smile, so, so hard. And Genevieve Rogers does not smile, at least, that's how it was before. Now I find myself smiling at every dumb thing she did, I don't get it. Why?

I rest my head on the palm of my hand, barely listening to the words spewing out of our teacher's mouth. Feeling eyes on me, I turn my head barely a millimeter and shifting my eyesight, seeing Julie. Her head was resting in her arms, she smiles. I don't know why, but the look on her face... I felt sick.

I swallow, pursing my lips and ignoring the thumping in my chest. This feeling is almost foreign. And I don't really want to welcome it.

__________

"Can we get ice cream for lunch?"

Ice cream? Julie, really likes ice cream.

"I don't feel like walking that far." The frown that formed on her face suddenly formed into a pout, but I won't budge. "But, you could get ice cream yourself."

I grin and she shakes her head. "But you have to come with me."

I sigh. "How about after school? I'll pay."

Like magic her smile came back. "Okay! But you don't have to pay, you being there is enough."

She said that last part so sweetly. Ugh, this girl.

"Don't be sappy."

I cross my arms and she responds by scooting closer.

"But it makes you blush," she says. She gives me this big grin, leaning over so out shoulders touched.

My ears felt hot.

Rolling my eyes, I look away. And that damn Alice is staring at me. She almost looks annoyed.

I throw her a glare and look away and notice some other kids cracking jokes. All of which are not be so subtle with who they were joking about. I flipped them off, throwing one of my "deadly" glares and watch as they all quieted down quickly.

Gotta love the effect.
__________

"Want some?"

Julie held the cone up to my face, a cute smile on her face.

I, of course, shook my head.

"No, you already ate some of it too, that'd be weird."

Julie pouted, her arm slightly lowering. "It isn't weird, it's an indirect kiss!"

"That's still weird!"

"But I'm weird so it's okay."

I roll my eyes. "Yeah, you are weird, but I'm not."

I'm totally not weird.

"Don't lie."

"I'm aloof and mysterious."

I look away from her and stare at the random scene in front of me, a guy buying an ice cream for a girl. He throws an arm around her shoulders and they walk off, I guess they're on some date.

"And that's like, super weird," Julie tells me.

"No, it's like, super cool," I shot back.

She huffs and turns away, with this angry facade she eats her ice cream.

"You're a loser," she grumbles.

I ignore her and look up at the sky. Every time I go out here with Julie there's always such nice weather. I let my gaze drift back to the couple, a bird was heading just there way I noticed. Just a moment later, I watched as a glob of bird feces slowly fell from the sky, with great accuracy it landed right on the guy's head.

The corners of my lips curl into a small smile and his date has her hands over her mouth, they both begin to laugh though he is embarrassed. The odds of that happening was so small, yet here I am, here to witness it. Everyone saw and was asking if he was okay.

Julie giggles at the sight, it is one of the cutest things I've ever heard. She's always adorable and I hate it.

"D'you see that Gen?"

I nod, quickly erasing my smile when she looks at me.

"It's pretty funny."

She smiles and nods in agreement, turning back to look at the scene. The ice cream cone was still in her hand and it seemed nearly gone. She eats really fast.

I look at her for a moment, in the light her hair looked even lighter, almost glowing, and the smile on her face was really fucking magical. I'm not going to lie okay, she's really pretty.

Of course, I'm not going to tell her that. Genevieve Rogers does not tell girls that they are pretty, especially not Julie, that girl will be relentless with her teasing.

I'm still kind of wondering why I still hang around her, I could have easily pushed her away. But right now I don't want to think about that.

I'm finding that I'm really enjoying her company.

And this is how it'll stay. Nothing more. At least, that is what I keep telling myself.

A/N: How nice, another chapter after so long. I know, some things seem rushed and characters being at least slightly out of character, you, the reader, would know best. The best judge of my crap writing is the reader right?

Clearly.

And I keep rushing this story and I try to just really think, I end up rushing anyways, oops.

Anyway, farewell, this authors note is coming to an end because I don't know what to say and you are probably bored. Okay, goodbye now!