20 - "Close Calls"

Author's note: Sorry guys, I dead was just writing and didn't even realize how perverted I got in this chapter until I proofread it. I need to stop. 😂😂💀💀

"Man what's up with shorty tho', I'm tryna see what's good." Ron said.

Allele pulled the brown paper bag back from his lips that concealed the bottle of Heineken inside, looking at Ron like he was crazy. "See what's up wit' who?" He asked, confused. It was cold outside and he'd been out all day, selling. He was getting ready to head back inside but wanted to finish his alcohol first. He didn't drink like that, but did it occasionally when he wanted to get a quick buzz.

"You're wife's twin sister." Ron said. He'd seen her leaving and coming in the building a few times but she was really quiet about it. She never said anything to anybody. Usually she was just in and out.

Allele looked at Ron with a screwed face like he just asked him something gay. "Nothing's good with her. Leave that alone." Allele said putting the bottle back to his lips as he looked out at the traffic on the street, passing by.

Ron pulled his head back and put his hands up, chuckling, which made the frost from his breath show. "Damn, okay. What is she your other wife or something? I asked about the sister, not your girl."

Just then a crackhead came shuffling up to the two men. He was old and looked skinny enough to break in half if the wind blew too hard. He had a head full of gray hair and smelled like he hadn't taken a shower in a week; but even in his raggedy clothes he was at least dressed properly for the weather. In a way, he kind of reminded Allele about himself when he was younger, minus being hooked on drugs.

"I need that." The crackhead mumbled, discreetly showing Allele the crumbled twenty dollar bill in his hand as he looked around, itching the back of his neck.

Allele took the bill out his hand and unfolded it just to make sure it wasn't ripped or anything. He then stuffed it into his left pocket and searched around in his right pocket as he looked at Ron. "Nah she ain't my other wife, she just got her own thing going on. Plus she got a dude." Allele said. He didn't know if he was completely right, but he did know Cilia was seeing someone. He truthfully could give a fuck though, he just wanted Ron off his back about it.

"Shit," Ron chuckled, "I don't give a fuck about her man."