- 44 -

By the time I left the coffee shop it was dark outside. I had spent hours inside talking with Adam. He’s actually really funny. We made plans to hang out tomorrow, and I hope nothing comes up that makes me cancel it. I’m looking forward to talking with him again. He seems like someone I could get to know, and I envision us being good friends later on maybe.

I also had about five missed messages from Harry. Of course I felt a bit guilty about that.

Harry: Did you get your coffee yet? Come on, I’m lonely :(

Harry: Nicoleeee you still there?

Harry: Should I be concerned? It’s been a few hours haha xx

Harry: Really, is everything okay? x

Harry: Well, I’m heading on stage now :p text or call me when you get these because now I’m kind of really worried. Hope you’re alright. Love you xxx

I bite my lip and quickly open up a new message to reply as I hop into my car. I felt awful. I always wish him luck before his shows.

Reply: Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry babe! I was at my mothers and you know how the service is there :P I didn’t get any of your messages until now. I’m sorry! Good luck out there! I love you<3 xxx

I needed an excuse, okay? I wasn’t about to tell him I had ignored his messages for so long because I was busy chatting with Adam. I doubt that would make him too happy.

Harry: It’s alright :P I’m just happy you’re okay. The show ended about half an hour ago haha, but thanks. Love you x

I groaned and let my head hit the seat behind me. I shut my eyes and took a deep breath just letting the guilt sink in. I’m a terrible person. I’ll have to call him when I get home.

During the drive I thought about Adam and began wondering if any of this is a good idea. It’s not okay that I completely ignored Harry today, and if it weren’t for Adam that never would’ve happened.

“Hey. Where have you been all day?” Jamie asks as I walk through the front door. She spotted me from her position in the kitchen.

“Just out with a friend,” I tell her. “I have to go call Harry. I’ll be down later to say bye before you leave.”

She smiled and I dragged myself up to my room. I dialed Harry’s number on my phone as I shut the door behind me.

“Hey,” he says.

“Hey babe. Sorry about earlier. I feel really bad about it,” I say, furrowing my eyebrows in concern. I hope he’s not upset.

“Don’t worry about it. How was your mum’s house?” he asks casually. I bite my lip.

“Great. We talked for a while. It was good to catch up, ya know?”

“That’s good.”

"Yeah."

There was silence for a short moment.

“Hey, I should probably go. The lads and I were about to grab a bite.”

“Yeah, I should probably go too. Jamie is about to leave. I’ll call you tomorrow,” I say.

“Okay. Love you.”

“Love you too. Bye,” I say as the line went dead. I sigh and let my phone slip from my fingers onto the bed. I fall onto the soft mattress and stare at the ceiling until I eventually doze off.

I wish he’d just come home.

AUTHORS NOTE

ASDFGHJKL let me know what you think pleaseee. short chapter, sorry :p thnks for reading and ily soo much<333 mwuah :* xx