Chapter 17- Askin' All Them Questions!

I couldn't pick just one person, so this chapter is dedicated to everyone who voted or commented on the last chapter. I appreciate every vote, comment, & read!!

******************************************

Keyanna's POV

"What did you....want to talk about," I slowly asked Mel. I don't know if it was the ciroc or the swisha, but something had began to take a toll on me. I know that I'm in a car with Mel right now, but I feel like I'm watching myself from somewhere else. It's almost as if I'm in my own little world.

"Has your mom came back from rehab yet?" Mel asked. I could barely understand what he said, and I didn't know if it was because of my intoxicated state, or if Mel was simply speaking quietly.

"Nope," I responded a few seconds later. It took me a little while just to get that one word out.

"Is Huey still staying with y'all?" he asked after a few minutes of silence. I became both paranoid and angry at the mention of his name, but just as quickly as those sensations came, they went away. Being high does have its perks. I knew how I wanted to feel, but my body wouldn't really let me express those emotions.

"Yeah," I answered simply. If this is what Mel wanted to talk about, we could have done this at the trap. There was no need for me to ride to the store with him. Speaking of the store, now that I think of it, we're headed in the wrong direction.  I looked out the window, but it was to dark for me to make out all of my surroundings.

"What all do you know about Huey's past?" I heard Mel ask. I turned and looked at him while he drove, waiting for my response.

"Umm.....he....I don't know. Mel... where are we going?" I questioned, still speaking slowly. 

"How did your mom meet Huey?" Mel asked, ignoring my question. Why is he asking me all these questions about Huey?

I thought about his question for a while. I honestly didn't know anything about Huey. I didn't know where he came from or how my mom met him. Mel and the boys already knew everything I knew about Huey. I don't know why he expects me to have answers for any of the questions he's asking. I shrugged my shoulders in response to his last question.

He turned to look at me when we stopped at a red light. I looked out the window again and saw that we were somewhere in the east. I had only been to this part of town a few times. "So you really don't know anything about Huey?" Mel asked, just as the light turned green.

I turned and stared at the side of his face. He was annoying me with all these questions about Huey. I didn't want to talk about him right now. While I was mugging Mel, I noticed how similar him and August look. They could never deny being related to each other. I never noticed the close resemblance. I slowly reached over and poked Mel's cheek. I began to laugh for no reason after that. He looked at me and I laughed harder. I didn't even know what I was laughing at.

"You look just like your brother..... You know, people say I looked like my brother too, " I said after I had finally stopped laughing. My mind drifted to the days when Kendrick was still alive. I thought about how my life would be different if he wouldn't have been the one to get shot that day. Within a few minutes, I was in full blown hysterics. I thought your emotions were blocked when you were intoxicated, but I guess I was wrong. Maybe I wasn't high enough.

Mel had stopped the car in front of a small house on a dead end street. The tears continued to rapidly fall from my face. I missed Kendrick, and I would give anything to have him back. I also wanted to know who had took my brother's life. There was someone out there who had single handedly ruined my life, and for no reason at all. Mel pulled me out the car and wrapped his arms around me in a tight embrace. This caused me to cry even harder. It wasn't fair, I had basically lost my brother and my mother. I had thought about suicide a few times, but I knew I had to be here for Kimberly.