Chapter 21 - Hyun

I can't stop thinking about the kiss. It's been a week and the sensation of my lips on his' hasn't gone away. It wasn't only a peck. His lips opened, and we stayed connected for a longer time than what is acceptable for a friend.

We laughed. It wasn't the silly one we reserve for dumb occasions. It was shy, awkward. The kind you get when you are caught red-handed doing something naughty.

Taylor and I are not supposed to kiss. I'm not supposed to feel like I do.

We have talked since then and he has been to the barn. Everything is normal between us, but we haven't mentioned the topic anymore.

I've tried to forget it by emailing with Hyun. I'm intrigued by him. He is a smart man and good looking. He's a professional musician and plays the cello in a symphonic orchestra.

I said what I do for a living and he found it interesting. He has good knowledge on toys. He teaches younger musicians and is in contact with their interests.

We have agreed to meet today at the food court at four. I found it early, but he said he is playing in a Christmas concert in the evening.

I finish packing the last parcel. I will stop by the post office on my way to the mall.

The door opens and I look up. The man bringing my boxes is not my regular delivery guy. He looks familiar.

"Good afternoon, Miss Cox," he looks at the label in one box.

"Hello Declan," I read the embroidered name on his shirt.

"Please sign this," he hands me an electronic terminal. I scratch my signature in the pad and hand it back to him. "You have a cool place here. I remember many of these things from my childhood,"

"Were you interested in anything in particular?"

Declan walks to a display and stops in front of it.

"My brother never let me play with his Ghostbusters toys

"My brother never let me play with his Ghostbusters toys. I was too young and I would break them. That is what he always said," he says with sadness.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I am. My brother passed away at the start of this year. He was sick for a long period,"

"I'm sorry for your loss," I say, placing my hand on his arm.

"Thanks. I want to buy this. It will remind me of him every time I look at them,"

I get the toys out of the display and pack them carefully.

"The doors of the Ecto-1 are delicate. Keep it away from little hands. The figures are sturdy enough," I say.

"No problem there. I have no kids in my surroundings. My love life is a disaster. I let go of that dream long ago,"

"Tell me about it. I've been in eight failed dates. I have one later and I'm hesitant about it," I hand him the credit card receipt for him to sign.