033

"I'M DROWNING IN THE THINGS I'VE NEVER TOLD YOU."

MUGGLES crowded the train station. Arden was quietly walking alongside George, who insisted on them sharing a cart for their luggage and pushing it. Fred was feet away, and the trio was walking just behind the rest of the family. All the goodbyes were said, along with a few jokingly pats placed on Sirius Black's head as he had joined the group in his animagus form.

As the students boarded the train, Arden couldn't help but think of Leviathan. This was her final year, and Leviathan never got the chance to finish his final year. She only hoped that she got the chance.

While George guided the three to a compartment, Fred nudged Arden and asked how she was holding up. Ever since their little talk the night George came home drunk, they've been a little closer. They understood each other better, and their bond was something no one else could understand. Arden nodded in response, letting him know she was doing okay without using her voice.

It was hard though. This was the last year, and the first time her father wasn't there to see her off.

Neil Gosse would've been so proud of his daughter. She wished he was there to hold her close and remind her to never let anyone take away her shine or make her feel weak. Fortunately, however, George was holding her hand tightly, guiding her.

She realised that this year she was going to need a lot of guidance to get through.

Finally they settled into a compartment with Lee, Katie, and Angelina. The window seats were taken but Arden settled for one nearest to the door.

"So how was everyone's summer?" Angelina asked, smiling awkwardly.

Immediately, Arden's mind raced to her father's death and Leviathan's situation. She stayed silent and stared at Fred's shoes, as they suddenly became a lot more interesting. George noticed and squeezed her hand before jumping into a conversation to distract everyone from Arden's behaviour.

Arden didn't want to fall asleep around everyone, but she was so tired and sad. Besides, she thought it'd be rude if she fell asleep, so she listened to everyone talk about their vacation.

When the train finally arrived at Hogwarts Witchcraft and Wizardry, Arden was relieved. Although the air had been cleared with George's friends, she could still feel tension. Being in the Ravenclaw common room is what she was looking forward to the most, as she could always let her guard down inside those walls.

The group made their way to the castle together before Arden split— of course, not before receiving a hug from George and a promise to walk her back to the Ravenclaw Tower.

As per usual, the students were sorted and Dumbledore gave his speech. However, a woman in all pink rudely interrupted the headmaster. Arden watched with a raised eyebrow as the woman walked forward and began her own speech.

Dolores Umbridge only had to clear her throat for Arden to decide she was the epitome of aggravating. She stopped listening and instead, averted her attention to George who was making faces. He lit up when he noticed Arden finally saw him, and winked before beginning to mock Umbridge.

When the food finally appeared, George looked away to pile up his plate. Everyone could tell that with Umbridge around, things would be different, but she'd never take away the glorious feasts that everyone missed and loved so much.

"Hey," Luna Lovegood greeted. "I heard about your father. I'm really sorry about that, I hope you're doing better. Pudding?"

Though as blunt as Luna was, Arden appreciated her. She let out a shaky breath and thanked the younger girl, taking the pudding she was offered.

Dinner seemed to go by slowly, and Arden felt uneasy— as if someone was keeping a close eye on her. She shrugged it off, knowing her nerves still weren't settled from the events over the summer. She just reminded herself that it all takes time and to just take it easy.

Just as promised, George waited at the entrance of the Great Hall to walk Arden to the Ravenclaw Tower. As Arden met up with the Gryffindor, she noticed Fred Weasley wrapping his arm around Perrie Wood's shoulder and she smiled, knowing just how much love the two shared but would never admit, despite not knowing Perrie on a deeper level.

The two waited for the majority of students to file out of the dining hall before they started walking to Arden's common room. There was soft noise from the happy chatter of students that were glad to be back. Hogwarts was home to many, and although Arden wanted to say the same, she understood where home really was— anywhere George Weasley was. But despite the feeling of homeliness whenever she was around him, Arden still felt nothing romantic for the boy.

It was frustrating. She craved to feel love, she wanted to give George her everything because it's what he deserved but she can't even muster any feelings. She spent so many wishes through birthday candles and shooting stars on being able to love.

George stopped a few yards away from the entrance to the Ravenclaw common room. They noticed a couple of exhausted students answering riddles to get in. It was late, Arden herself was exhausted, but she knew the excitement of being back at school was still buzzing throughout the dorms and corridors. She could already hear the gossip of girls who saw George walking alongside Arden.

"You doing okay?" George asked. "Stupid question, sorry. I'll stop talking about it. You can do this though, I won't let anything bad happen to you. They'll have to kill me before they come for you. It's our final year, don't stress too much. Just focus on us graduating and moving to London and living happily above the joke shop. What happened, happened. Leviathan isn't going to hate you, and your dad wouldn't want you to ruin yourself by overthinking this all. You'll get through this— we'll get through this, together."

All Arden could do was nod in response. The redhead placed a kiss on Arden's forehead before leaving for his own common room. With a sigh, Arden answered a riddle and went straight up her dorm.

She was going to get through the year even if it killed her.

ahh i'm so sorry for being dead!
i'm back now though and i'm gonna try to update often!
much love,
m xx