Panic

"Mia! Come on I just told you I would try not to cause trouble."

"Being a dominate isn't about causing or not causing trouble. It's about taking responsibility for yourself and others. The higher your ranking, the more wolves below you, the more wolves you have dependent on you."

"I don't want anyone to be dependent on me! I don't even know anyone here, and you and Kane both told me to stay away from Sierra and she's head bitch in charge so I don't know what you expect me to do."

"Before I heard you and Kane arguing I would have explained how to submit and find your place lower on the totem pole, but from what I witnessed if you can't take orders from Kane you sure as hell won't be able to take them from someone like Sierra."

"I'm not even going to be here long enough for any of this shit to matter."

"Look, bitch about it all you want, but here are the facts, until Kane eliminates the threat to you you are stuck here and will follow our rules whether you like it or not. You have two options here, you can bitch and moan and make the whole time you're here miserable on yourself and everyone else, or you can shut up, listen to what I have to say and decide where you want to be in the pecking order."

Mia was right submissive didn't mean she was weak, or didn't have a back bone. I stared at her unsure of what to say. Her attitude didn't piss me off like Kane's did. I knew I was being difficult and Mia hadn't asked to babysit me like I hadn't asked to be a werewolf in the first place. I needed to stop taking it out on her.

"Fine, I'm sorry."

Mia looked at me surprised.

"I can be reasonable. Just not where your brother is concerned. Where do we start?"

"Probably with another cup of tea and a change of clothes."

I hopped into the shower to wash the sticky tea off me. When I got out I found a fresh set of clothes waiting for me on the counter. I picked them up, but hesitated to get dressed. I brought the clothes up to my nose and inhales slowly. They smelled like Kane, especially the underwear.

"Pervert," I muttered.

"What?" Mia called from her room.

"Nothing."

I got dressed pulling the clothes on with a sigh. I knew I would smell like Kane now, it was like he had rubbed the damn things all over his body. I wasn't unconvinced that wasn't exactly what he had done. Assert his dominance over me by making me smell like him. 

I opened the bathroom door. If Mia smelled Kane all over my clothes she chose not to comment.

"Alright lets go downstairs and I'll make you another cup of tea."

The house felt and sounded pretty deserted. Kane could have been wandering around, but with the silent way he moved I never would have known. I tested out my new werewolf hearing. Listening for things I wouldn't have normally been able to hear. I could hear noises outside, the rustling of leaves, the occasional small animal moving around, but I didn't hear anything bigger than a squirrel.

"Where is everyone?"

"Well I told you Kane cleared most of the guys out, and mom had everyone else find something to do for the day, but they'll be back tonight so you'd better get a handle on everything before then."

"So how many of you actually live here?"

"Well mom, Kane and I of course, then there is Sierra and some other female wolves and then Austin, you met him, and some other enforcers. I'm the only submissive that actually lives here, but the other wolves come and go as they please. The only ones required to live here are higher ranking wolves so Kane has quick access to them in case of an emergency."