t w e n t y

Lisa's Point of View

I tried my best to avoid Theo with a heavy heart. The potential of having Theo as a great friend is there and I want it as badly but the Don's threat lurks behind me like a shadow stopping me from even thinking about the idea.

The foreboding last words of Theo to me about the Don made me realize that my outlook towards the Don is getting weak. It's like a shout out call and the event the followed (him getting mad about my little chat with Theo) solidified my doubts.

After he lashes out to me when he learned about my conversation with Theo, he suprisingly returned to being calm. He's making my mind in conflict everytime he's acting civil towards me. I won't use the word nice because his name and the word nice in the same sentence doesn't makes sense. Don't you agree?

I avoided as much contact as possible from him but for some reason I ended lying in his bed with him by my side.

He said that it was getting cold and he needs someone to make him warm. True to his words it is indeed freezing as hell. It's the month of December so the temperature is dropping low each day. Probably that's the reason why they decided to celebrate christmas in this month. The harsh cold weather is dreary enough to put anyone into a sullen emotion thus putting these holidays to somehow lift up the feelings of everyone.

I know I was threading in thin ice since the Don is still grumpy about me and Theo so I unhappily obliged his order with the fear etched at the back of my mind that he might do something if I resist him.

I'm currently lying in the farthest end of the bed with my back facing the Don. I hear the Don scoff as I feel him shuffle under the sheets.

"I asked you here to bring me warmth, isn't it self explanatory that a body contact is needed?" He speaks and I can feel his annoyed eyes burning at my back.

I release my lips which are nipped between my teeth and releases a sigh. Nervously I turn my body around facing the Don.

"Come to me." He rasps. I can't help but notice his deep throated voice thats sounds so sexy it makes my skin shiver.

I scoot closer towards him but the Don finds no patience with my slow unsure movement that he grabs me by my waist pulling me harshly towards him. The suddeness of his action makes the softness of my chest bounces into his hard firm one. The intimate closeness immediately brings the musky scent of him which yields all my senses.

His arms are wrapped around me, prisoning me. But I don't feel being restrained nor prisoned but rather I just feel uncomfortable and nervous by the contact of our almost naked bodies. As usual the Don forced me to sleep with only my underwear on while him is just clad with his boxers.

The series of different emotion he's inflicting me causes my mouth to part, not even stopping myself from acknowledging my warning thoughts.

"Why are you like this?" I ask him softly. I feel him release a deep breath and it takes him a moment of silence that I thought he won't answer me back but to my surprise he starts to speak.

"Remember what you promised me Lisa?" My brows squeezes when the thought of my forced vow to the Don is brought up.

"You left me no choice. You destroyed everything good left of me." I croak. I can't see his face from our position so my eyes burn a glare instead towards his toned chest. The tears I've been holding succededly paints my warm cheeks.

"Shh. Don't cry. Just do what you promised and I will protect you." He swears but its authenticity is still in question. Theo's warning flashes into my mind.

'Don't trust the Don.'

My body shivers from the thought and he seems to notice it so he tightens his grip around my waist and my back making me feel vulnerable even more.