Chapter Twenty-Seven - Gerard's POV

Hey everyone! So, I wrote 16 pages (in my word document) in 8 days, and I'm really super proud of myself haha. I've also already started writing for chapter 28, so expect to see that hopefully soon!

Anyway, not much to say here, except to remind everyone that I made an ask.fm (ask.fm/frerardadeux) account for Frank and Gerard and everything you ask there will be answered in character. (If you want to send asks to me haha, my ask is ask.fm/capillarystatic.)

Also, I changed my personal twitter username to youhitlikeagxrl (same as my tumblr URL,) and my poetry account is still forjamia.

Well, that's it for this author's note, other than please PLEASE excuse and typos in this chapter haha. I wrote the whole thing on my iPod and I've just been so excited to share it with you guys that I couldn't even bring myself to waste time with editing and such. This thing is probably filled with typos, so if you see one, please let me know so I can fix it!

Thanks everyone! I hope you enjoy!

"Cigarette?" I offered.

Pete shook his head, leaning against the front door. I noted that he was still not wearing a shirt, which pissed me off. He was in better shape than me and I felt like he was fucking flaunting that in my face. "No thanks. Frank wants one, though."

"He's up?" I asked stiffly, passing a cigarette for Frank to Pete.

He nodded. "He doesn't really seem to remember most of last night."

I nodded, too.

"I'm sorry," Pete said softly, looking at the cigarette in his fingers. "I'm sorry I kissed him."

I looked at my feet. "It's not your fault, Pete."

"Yeah it is," he sighed. "I just should've kept my mouth shut."

"If I hadn't told him to talk to you that day," I said. "He wouldn't have said anything and stuff would still be normal."

Pete frowned. "You told him to talk to me?"

I nodded, sighing. "It was stupid of me. I was just teasing him about it, I didn't expect- I didn't expect for you two to actually go anywhere with it."

"We haven't gone anywhere," he insisted. "We're just friends, Gerard."

"But you love him."

The cigarette between my lips suddenly was not enough to keep me calm.

"He doesn't love me, though," Pete said. "Not like he loves you."

"His stupid song metaphor didn't make any sense."

"It did..."

I glanced at him. I was normally really good with metaphors, so what was it that Pete could see in Frank's method of thinking that I couldn't?

"Think about it, like, if we were the solar system, okay?" Pete said. "I know that sounds super dumb but let me explain."

I just looked at him.

"You know how Frank said that I'm 'far away' but you're 'close?' I think what Frank was trying to say, is that- if, like, let's say he's just a regular person, right? Living on his planet, minding his own business. And instead of other people on his planet, there's all these stars at night, right? And it's always night there, and it's cold. And then suddenly, it's day. There's a sun, out of fucking nowhere, and it's warm and amazing and Frank starts to depend on the sun, he loves the sun, he needs it... And his life goes on like that, he adjusts to it being day, he loves the sun and he knows it there and he gets used to it. He knows all of the stars in the sky, they're kind of distant and dull, but then one day- just like how the sun appeared, all of a sudden, there's this other star. Not as bright as the sun, but brighter than the rest of the stars. But it's still kind of far off, and it's pretty and new to him, so Frank likes to think about the star sometimes, but- but the sun, is like, his life force, now. He needs the sun, thrives off of it. It's far prettier to him than that star could be, even though he likes to think about both sometimes."