Chapter 3:The (Finally!) Announcement of My Mystery Parent

Dear peeps...

Once again,I hope you'll enjoy this chapter,yeah?

Comment if you have remarks or suggestions on how the bad guy should be.

:D

If you didn't want to,I'll understand. TT__TT

~~~~

I jolted awake,heart pounding against my chest.Was that a dream?I moved and winced in pain.Glancing down,I saw my leg bandaged up.

  I tried to laugh weakly,but it came out as a weak cough.I need water.I stood up from the bed slwoly and carefully,feeling for my bear.Ahh.Here he is.I brought it to my chest and yawned.

  "So you're awake?"

  I whipped around,but saw no one.I jumped in fright when I noticed that the room was only dimly lighted.Shoot..I have achuluophobia(fear of darkness),agliophobia(fear of pain),acrophobia(fear of heights) and claustrophobia(fear of enclosed spaces).I winced and tried to swallow down my fear.(Hope you wouldn't tell anyone about it...will you?)

  Before I started screaming,someone thankfully switched on the lights(or lamp) and I found myself face-to-face with the boy who fought with the weird nine-headed creature.

  "Who are you?"I asked,staring at the boy,trying not to ask him questions like,Why are you in my bedroom?What's with that nine-headed monster?Is it like a robot or something?Wait,am I even in my room?

  I studied the boy suspiciously.His hair was jet-black,and it almost covered his moss green eyes.He was taller than me by half a foot,and I tried not to mind about it too much.He looked as if he was a few years older than me.He looked familiar...

  I gritted my teeth.Attack first,talk later.My fifth uncle had told me before.I was about to kick his legs when I felt a sharp pain at my temples.Someone...my uncle...that boy...looks like one of my uncle...

  I gasped and kneeled on the wooden floor,rubbing my temples.The boy rushed to my side and asked me if I was alright.I held up a hand to tell him to wait,and focused on which uncle he looked alive.

  "You..."I started,my voice shaking,and I quickly cleared my throat."You...You look like Uncle Poseidon..."My temples were hurting like hell,and I gritted my teeth."Shoot...Or is it Uncle Neptune?Ugh..."I kept rubbing my temples while the boy watched me silently."Darn...They're the same person...But...he wants me to call him different names sometimes...Ugh..."

  "Don't think about it anymore."The boy pulled me up and supported me to the bed,hesitating only for a second."I'm Poseidon's son."

  "Oh,"I said as my headache faded."So...Where is he now?"I looked around the place for Uncle Poseidon,but there wasn't anyone in the room except for us.

  "He's at...Mount Olypmus."

  "For?Some kind of hiking trip?"I looked at him in confusion.

  "Nope,he live there.At the Empire State Building."

  I frowned."You're confusing me."

  "You will understand it in time."He paused."How do you even know my dad?"He studied me curiously.

  I blushed under his stare.Turning my head away from him,I mumbled,"He's my uncle.He taught me how to swim."

  The boy looked as if he wanted to ask more when some screams outside the room interupted him.We got up from the bed and literally sprinted out,despite my injured leg.

  We reached a crowd just outside the woods,and I widened my eyes at it."Oh my god..."

  Trees and grasses,shrubs and bushes were literally withering in front of us.A group of girls and boys were sobbing in front of it.

  "Like,"I said to the boy,"Don't they get educators like me?"

  The boy gave me a weird look."No,they don't.Why do they need them?"

  My temples were starting to hurt again."They...They're Aunt Demeter's kids,"I finally gasped,and the boy stared at me,awed.

  "How do you know?"

  "I...don't know."I looked down at my hands.

  "Someone save the woods!"

  "Gawd,"I mumbled."Can't they just...heal the plants?"

  "Only Demeter has the power to do that."The boy murmured."Her kids don't have that much power."

  My attention shifted to a blonde girl,who was running towards us.She had a pair of weird grey eyes that once again reminded me of someone.My temples were torturing me now,and I managed to keep myself from screaming.

  "Aunt Athena's kid."I gritted my teeth again,and the girl looked surprised.

  "Yes,how do you know--"

  "Don't ask me,"I snapped at her."I know no answers."

  The girl just raised an eyebrow at me and turned to the boy."Percy,this is bad,"the girl said."The old tree died.Now the whole forest will not be able to survive."

  "What?"I yelped and the girl winced from the volume of my voice.I cleared my throat."How can the whole damn forest depend on one old tree?Guess what?Lemme handle this,dude."

  "I'm no dude,"the girl murmured,and the boy named Percy chuckled beside me.

  "How are you going to handle this?"He looked at me as if unsure.

  "Easy,"I replied confidently."I'll just walk up there and heal the old man."

  Percy and the girl stared at me as if I were nuts.

  "In case you don't know,the 'old man' is the old tree,"I started,glaring at their disbelief."I'll show you."

  I ran towards Aunt Demeter's kids and asked them if I could see this old tree.They said nothing,but they led me to the old tree.

  I focused on the tree.Release me from my torture,little girl.

  "Why?"I asked,feeling the kids' eyes boring through my back.

  Something is growing inside me...Like a parasite.

  I frowned."Okay.Chill,I'll heal you."

  I could almost see the ancient tree frowning.How can you know how to?You're not Demeter--

  I touched the tree and focused on warm feelings.Soon,I could feel the energy transferring from me to the tree.Something shot out of the tree as I mumbled,"Get outta there,parasite."

  A dark figure was rolling on the grass in agony,and I strained my eyes to see what it was.A worm-like creature was squirming around,upside down.Everyone backed away from the weird creature in disgust as if it would suddenly jump up and snap at them.Only Percy,the girl and I bravely took a step forward.

  I paused for a moment,though,as the people around me gasped,staring at something above my head.I glanced up and saw an ear of wheat and a cornucopia forming slowly and fluently.

  Everyone bowed at me as someone said in a clear voice,"Behold,Goddess of Plants and Fertility,Harvest and Nurturing Spirit.Hail,Foínix,Daughter of Demeter."