Chapter 23: You're Just As Dark And Twisty As Meredith Grey

Feel free to point out any spelling, grammar, or spacing errors. I would really appreciate it and will fix them right away :)

***

Ch23: You're Just As Dark And Twisty As Meredith Grey

"I don't know," I shrug. "All he said was that he wanted to show me something."

"Is Josh going to be upset?" Pipper asks as I move my phone to my other ear.

"It's not like that," I exhale. "Josh knows I don't like Vincent like that."

"You better hope he does," Taylor chuckles. "I'd be upset if my girlfriend was going somewhere with a hot trouble maker dude."

"Well, you don't have a girlfriend," I roll my eyes. "How would you know?"

"I'm just saying," she says. "I'd be upset about it."

"Josh is different," I tell them. "He won't be upset."

"Any guy would be upset," Pipper explains.

"I have to go," I ignore his comment before hanging up.

"You ready?" A voice asks and I see Vincent leaning against my door.

"Yes," I put my phone in my pocket.

How long has he been standing there? Did he hear what I said?

"Let's go then," he says before walking out of my room.

"Right," I nod following him.

***

"Meet Sirius Black, " Vinny says as he introduces me to a 1990 black Jeep Wrangler.

"You named your car Sirius Black?" I ask. "After the character from Harry Potter?"

"Of course," he nods. "Such a noble character deserves a good tribute."

"I didn't think of you as a Harry Potter fan," I smile as I open the passenger seat and get in.

"Kitten," he gets in the car and turns the ignition on. "There's lots you don't know about me."

***

"We're almost there," he states as he turns driving into a lonely narrow street.

Surrounding the street there's nothing, but trash and tagging on the grey cement walls.

He takes another small turn and we're directly in front of a large mechanic shop.

The building has bright yellow letters painted on at the top that say Jason's Mechanic Shop and its all surrounded by large thick fencing. As we drive in I begin to notice the many junk cars parked everywhere on the right side of the place only leaving a small entry way for one car to go through.

Vincent turns left and then turns the car off. We're left facing what looks like a homemade working station.

He has carports made out of a metal frame and a thick tarp thrown over them that he tied at the ends to keep them from sliding off. Around four of these carports cover the area, but near the front is a large metal container.

"I'll show you around," Vincent says as he gets out of the car and I nod before following. He walks towards the metal container and gets inside. I follow behind and as soon as I walk in I feel a wave of heat hit my entire body.

I look around and on the left side are all sorts of tools hung with nails on the wall. On the right are plastic baskets containing wires or more tools. Then besides that is a large speaker which appears to have been fixed because some of the parts don't match. Finally, at the end of the wall is a desk with two small drawers and on top of it is a small cardboard box with different colored papers inside.