13 | come home

"ASTORIA," SOMEONE BOOMED from behind her.

She turned her neck around to spy a running David catch up to her. She stood where she was as he finally reached her side.

"Have you seen Draco around?" He brought up. Astoria's heart sank. She was utterly reminded of the past two days when he had disappeared. She knew the first day, he had gone out with Liam and David to the cinema but had no idea what happened the second day.

Today marked their third day of not talking to each other and it absolutely left Astoria heartbroken. It was not because of her, but because Draco felt relaxed whenever he talked to her and to think that he was under stress for two days and for her not to be there, broke her.

Suddenly, her heart felt like it was pumping too fast. She looked up, her vision gone wary and tried to move her head.

"Astoria, are you okay?" David said, his voice sounding like it was going ten times slower.

She tried shaking her head but could not do so. She saw a blurry image of people longing up to her and surrounding her -- from what she could tell.

And everything came to a close as she felt herself thump to the ground.

____________

o n e w e e k l a t e r

IT ANGERED CASSANDRA that Draco had not been there for the entire time Astoria was at the hospital.

She impatiently tapped her foot as she sat on a chair next to Astoria. Liam left, getting lunch for the two girls.

They both knew he was at the Malfoy Manor but did not try to push it. If he actually cared for Astoria, he did not need people to persuade him to fight for her. Instead, David was currently telling Draco what happened and -- like they promised -- leave immediately since it was his decision, not theirs.

And what did happen did not surprise Astoria when she woke up yesterday.

"My ancestor had been cursed and every once in a while the curse lands back to the Greengrass bloodline, meaning me." Liam gave Astoria a comforting smile.

"And what does the curse do?" He asked.

She ran a hand through her chocolate hair. "It includes continued blood problems making it risky for me to have a child, to grow old or to exercise."

Cassandra immediately gave her a bear hug, tears streaming down her face. "Please do not leave me before me."

Astoria returned the hug. "Never."

And now, she needed sleep.

Cassandra's bags under her eyes went unnoticeable, her eyes felt like they were dry. Appearing out of nowhere was Liam, entering the hospital room with a tray.

The tray had chicken, some pasta and orange juice. "C'mon, C. Take a break." Cassandra took the tray and sat it down to the bed next to Astoria. Liam raised an eyebrow before she gave him a hug.

"Promise you will never leave me and even if we are both dying or when we grow old, you will never let go of me." She whispered. Liam took her hand and laced their fingers.

"Promise."

And they both liked the sound of forever together.