Th.ty Nine

That Monday at school was the worst! Candice, Breezy and I walked into the building and you could instantly feel the tension. Some people were mad, disgusted, amused, turned on even. We walked to my locker, and I looked at Breezy who watched Naomi. She looked at him, and tears instantly began to swell up in her eyes. I instantly felt bad, and I decided to risk making things right with them. I heard a few boys yelling and laughing, and I looked to my left, catching sight of Flex. He looked at me, winked, and gestured a square with his hand, as if he was taking a picture.

" This bitch got me fucked up. " both Brandon and I took our things off at the same time.

" No, y'all will not. Karma is a fat bitch. " Candice held us back, looking at him and making us look. There were two policeman who grabbed him, pushing him onto the lockers, and arresting him.

" You are being arrested for drug possesion, tampering with police evidence, and the murder of Tion Gulley. " they quickly waltzed him away, and even though he got what he deserved, a part of me felt bad.

The bell rang, and the day was set to start. For the most part, it was pretty normal, except for a few boys asking me to do this and that with them, which ended up with a boy losing his privaleges of having kids. Today, because I had to take a test, I would be going to a different lunch. Because there were no familiar faces, I decided to walk around instead. As I was about to turn the corner, Naomi walked past with her friend, looking at me.

" Naomi? " I called after her, but she kept walking. " Naomi, please. Let me explain." I ran over to her, grabbing her arm.

" What, explain what? That you and Brandon have something going on? " she yelled, tears starting to swell up yet again. This was a side of her that I had never seen.

" Look, Brandon and I have chemistry, but it is nothing compared to what you both have. We were both drunk, and it happened in the heat of the moment. " I told her. " I'm going to be brutally honest with you. As I talked to Brandon one day, I asked him was I ever of that priority to him. Do you know what he told me? No. Because he loves you, and that you make him feel something that not one person in this world can make him feel. He said that he knows how you are, and even though you guys argue and fight, he has hope and he knows that you got him, and he has you. "

" He said that? " she sniffled, smiling.

" Yes, I lie to you not. Naomi, I'm sorry that this had to happen, but when I saw you so heartbroken, I took that personal because you don't deserve to be going through this. " I apoligized. She quickly hugged me, tightly.

" I'm sorry that you had to deal with a jerk like Flex, he's dead wrong. That's what his ass gets though, now he's going to jail, probably for the rest of his life. You deserve better, and don't let this get to you. I'll talk to Brandon, and I'm sure I can have him back to himself in no time. " she nodded.

" Please, because I miss his annoying ass. " I replied and we both laughed.

" Thank you, Tre. " she smiled, hugging me again before we walked away from each other.

After lunch, the school day ended quickly, and I was more than ready to get home. Once I pulled into the driveway and saw Jay's Mustang, I knew that something was up. I walked inside, kissing my mother and going to see my dad.

" Wassup, baby boy? " he gave me his attention.

" Breezy is going through some things at home, and his parents are filing for divorce. While they're going their seprate ways, he's stuck with the choice of who to go with, and he doesn't want to leave. I wanted to know if I got a job, could you help us get an apartment? "

" I would love to, but I have to figure out what's going on with these finances right now. " he told me. I wanted to tell him so bad, but I knew that right now wasn't the time.

" I understand, and thank you. " I told him.

" Wait. " he stopped me. " I just want you to know how proud I am of you, and I want to apologize for what I said. The words I used weren't appropriate, and..... "

" Dad, you did what you had to do. I will never fault you for reading me when I'm wrong. " I nodded, walking out of the office and to my room. " Now what brings you here? "

" I came to talk to you, but first: are you okay? " Jay asked me, holding my waist.

" Yes, I'm fine. " I told him. " Wait, how did you even find out about the video? "

" I guess your ex got finger happy, thinking that sending this to me would make me mad. I'm not mad at the video, but I've had to fight niggas all week. "

" Whatchu' mean? " I was curious.

" These niggas calling dibs on you, and I didn't like that. " he said, and I chuckled, shaking my head and walking into the bathroom. " That's what I wanted to talk to you about. Deon, I can't wait any longer. I need you in my life, and I just can't stop thinking about you. "

" Jay, I feel the same way, but our schedules..... "

" You know we can figure things out, we always do. What do you say? " he was looking down at me, peering into my soul.

" Jay, I.... "

TO BE CONTINUED....
Before More Trials : Summer '17
August 2017