Chapter One: [welcome to mexico]

"I love our story. Sure, it's messy, but it's the story that got us here."

Indigo's POV

          By now, we had to have walked at least a mile. This aged town was scattered with brick buildings and only an occasional car, rolling by at a steady pace through the crowds that walked the street. Sand blew up in clouds from the tires, causing a synchronized wave of the hand from pedestrians as they dusted away from their face.

    I watched as a bike rung its bell as it rode by, the man on the seat looking to me as the basket behind him was full. He had tanned skin and dark facial hair that covered the bottom half of his face. His eyes gave me a wink and a small nod of his head. I had only realized he'd meant it in a more-than-friendly way when the hand clasped in my left one held it a little tighter.

      I couldn't help my small smile and light chuckle, looking to Stiles. "You do know the probability of me leaving you for a stranger in a foreign country, right?"

Stiles rolled his eyes, faking a small laugh when he looked to me. "Hilarious."

      "Besides the past five times Indigo's been checked out, this place isn't that bad." Stiles shrugged, pursing his lips. I looked around and nodded in agreement. It definitely could be worse, I think.

     "It's not the town─"Lydia scoffed. "It's the plan."

"What's wrong with the plan?" Stiles furrowed his eyebrows, a pout almost falling on his lips.

     "Stiles─" I winced, but Lydia locked eyes with me, shaking her head.

"This could be the stupidest plan we've ever come up with." She finished. "You're aware of that, right?"

      "I'm aware it's not our best. . ." Stiles slowly winced, shrugging. I raised an eyebrow at him, and he saw my reaction, raising both of his eyebrows.

    "We are going to die." Lydia bluntly spoke, mocking Stiles' shrug. She hiked her bag on her shoulder again as we crossed the street, Lydia confidentially strutting as usual. I bit my lip and looked down to my own feet, watching my boots as they walked plainly. Not one in front of the other.

"Are─ you saying that as a Banshee, or are you just being pessimistic?" Stiles questioned, narrowed his eyes. Lydia hummed, pretending to think.

     "I'm saying that as a person who doesn't want to die."

      I slowly nodded along, watching out of the corner of my eyes as Stiles looked over to me, surprised. "I think I'm with her on that one."

"Okay, can we─ could both of you just restrict any talk of death to actual Banshee predictions?" Stiles huffed, glancing between both of us. I looked to Lydia and we locked eyes, before turning to Stiles.

      "This plan is stupid and we're going to die."

"Oh, thank you." Stiles faked a smile, nodding to both of us. I smiled and nodded, catching Stiles' attention. He threw his head back, shaking it in disbelief.

     I grinned and quickly leaned in, catching his cheek with a kiss. Stiles froze and faced forward again. He turned to me, his already hot skin turning even pinker.