Chapter 33

Holy crap, this took me forever to write, because it's really long. Anyways, it's 11:30 and I have an exam tomorrow, and I'm super tired. Stayed up late just to edit this again. Please enjoy, and thank you!

***

Jennifer's POV -

I sweep my red hair to my other shoulder, all of which has been curled to perfection by Kelsie, and let out a great sigh.

I don't know how tonight's going to go, but I'm hoping for the best. With Neville, Blaise, and Draco all current issues in my life, I could either be crying or smiling at the end of tonight.

Well, perhaps not smiling, but at least not crying.

Just then, Kelsie walks out from within the bathroom, wearing the purple dress she'd originally picked out for me. It looks better on her than it had on me, and I find myself glad that she picked it out instead.

I allow a small smile in her direction, but her jaw only drops in return. "Wow, you look stunning."

"Thanks, you do, too." I respond truthfully, and begin to fiddle with the charms on my bracelet, which stand out much less next to the navy blue shade of my gown.

Our dorm is dimly lit, and relatively quiet. I have no idea why I'm so nervous about the dance, but there's a feeling in my gut that makes my insides churn, like something bad is going to happen.

Kelsie seems to take notice of the worried look on my face, and opens her mouth to speak. However, whatever she was planning to say, I'll never know, for just then, Josefina bursts into the room.

"Holy shit." She says, her eyes wide. "Why are you hotter than me?"

A laugh escapes my lips, but she seems to be serious. "Thanks, again." I say, turning sideways to examine myself in the mirror.

Josefina's dress is a deep red, and it looks great on her.

"Well," she says, drawing me out of my trance, "We should get on our way."

Both Kelsie and I nod in agreement, and we make our way towards the door, following her out.

Suddenly, Kelsie stops me just before we exit, carefully taking hold of my upper arm. "Hey." Her words are soft as I turn to look at her. "Tonight's going to be fun. Don't worry about it."

I smile timidly in response before we continue our path towards the Great Hall. Despite her words, the sick feeling in my stomach doesn't go away.

***

Draco's POV -

I stand at the entrance of the great hall, watching carelessly as couples walk past.

The only reason I actually decided to come to this shitty dance is to make sure Blaise doesn't bother Jennifer. Otherwise, I'd be working on the vanishing cabinet tonight.

I could've had a date, but I didn't care for one. Many of the girls I'd been with in the past, including Pansy, had asked me, but I'd quickly turned them down. Another 6th year from Slytherin had asked me, but I hadn't even seen her before, nor had I known her name.

I straightened out my tie, sighing impatiently. All of my over excited peers are really beginning to get on my nerves.

Just then, a familiar head of red hair rounds the corner, and my heart seems to freeze in my throat.

Jennifer.

The very moment I see her, my mind goes blank, my chest inflates, and everyone else in the room seems to disappear.