50/50

Reece's POV

I lay down in bed that morning getting ready for the day when I noticed the Sidemen uploaded a "Podcast".

Reece: "Fuck I have school in 2 hours... I have time to listen while I get ready."

I took my headphones out of my phone and hooked it up to the speakers in my room, silently thanking whatever god exists that my mum and dad were already off to work. As the podcast started, I found myself smiling more than usual, even though I knew it was just because these guys made me happy. Helped me escaped this awful and pathetic world for a few hours a day with their videos. Between bullying for being gay and being myself, it sucked. I don't understand why they did it. I wasn't feminine, I wasn't over the top and into clothes or whatever other stereotypes people associate with homosexuality. I was just a normal guy who liked to play video games and be myself. I'd rather have my head in a game or watching a video. And that wasn't my fault. I couldn't choose to be gay or not, and if I could I'd probably choose to be straight, no more abuse, no more shit talking from classmates and random people in the school, it would be a nice change. I didn't have any friends anyway so that was my own escape. Having Harry be the same age as I was, Being only 17 myself made me gravitate towards his channel, his personality seemed like fun. It just seemed fun to be around him, so I guess he was my favorite.

Reece: "Damn it I have to get some stuff done now. I need to stop feeling sorry for myself. At least I get my work done."

I walked into the bathroom and showered, putting on my uniform and packing my bag, grabbing the lunch set out by mum, I was so glad my parents loved me regardless. After half an hour I was listening to the podcast while finishing off some of the maths text book so I would be even further ahead. Mr Heath didn't mind me working ahead. He said I could always sit down in the staff room as long as I was far enough ahead. Making at least one class easy to handle. I heard the video stop briefly for my alarm to go off telling me to go to school. Time to go and handle hell I guess. I picked my phone up and plugged my head phones in before throwing them in my ear and grabbing my bag. Walking out the door and beginning my journey to school. It was only twenty minutes away but I always had time to find a book and read in the library, no one has found my hiding hole yet so I was enjoying it while I had it. As I listened to the video in my pocket, something I heard made me pull it out and rewind slightly.

Ethan: "Harry You're not-You're not sure you're gay yet."

Harry: "Aw no I'm not I am pretty sure we have been over this. I'm like 95, you can't rule anything out in life."

That made me stop in my tracks. Surely I'm dreaming? I scrolled through the comments and not a single comment was made about it which confused me. An entire fandom for these books, with Harry's and Simon's being the most protective and weirdly obsessive. And no one had made a comment on it. This was huge, why don't other people understand that, could you imagine what it would be like to have someone who was even bisexual in the gaming side of YouTube to the point where, they aren't over the top or feminine, I know that is their life and who cares but to have just a casual, laid back guy to look up to and feel inspired by in doing what he loves, having someone have the same interests I have be gay or bisexual or pan or asexual who the fuck cares. I was so happy but I knew I wasn't allowed to be happy. Not at school, I get enough shit anyway. As I walked through the gates, I noticed not many people around, allowing me to run up to the library and grab a book.

Miss Hudson: "Hello Reece. Hiding again today?"

Reece: "Yes Miss."

Miss Hudson: "Is there any chance I could ask you to help out a new student during the first two classes?"

I thought about it and remembered I have a double maths period, which meant two hours in the staff room doing little quizzes with the head teacher or teaching myself.