Pair Skate

2 months later 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The day of the finals has arrived and only six people had advanced to compete to win first place in The Grand Prix. Those who had advanced to the finals were Celestion from Italy, Arluin from France, Viktor from Russia, Yuuri from Japan, Liang from China and me. I had surprised myself. On the semi-finals, I had made a minor mistake and I thought I was done for but somebody else made a bigger mistake which saved me and made me to one of the finalists. 

This was a huge day for me because this is the first time I had advanced as a finalist. Yuuri and Viktor congratulated me and we went to an expensive restaurant and celebrated the three of us to compete to win the title of the Grand Skater.  I had heard from Yuuri that many had gathered to watch the Finals and it made me more nervous than I was.

We had arrived in France a few days ago and as always, I went and practiced the first thing as soon as we landed.

I made a lot of mistake while practicing. I had planned all my spins, jumps and the step sequence but I still couldn't make it right. I decided to take a break and sat down on a bench and listened to the music I chose for the finals.

The theme I had chosen was "Angelic Goddess". I had to be graceful for the theme to be complete but I wasn't graceful now. I knew I was missing something because the music and the jumps were out of sync. I decided to try one more time. I let the music play and I started. 

In the middle of it, I had made a mistake and I was so bothered by it. I gave up and as soon as I turned around I saw Viktor standing there, smiling.

"How long have you been standing there Viktor?" I panicked.

"Long enough to see everything" he winked and I responded by blushing.

"It was bad right..." he got on the rink and skated towards me. 

"No," he said while looking at me. "It was great, but..." He stood in front of me and suddenly took my hand in his. I looked up at him confused, then at his hand and back up at his face. He kept on smiling. 

He then played a music. It was Für Elise by Ludwig van Beethoven. I held my hands gently and lead me across the ice.  

"What are you doing Viktor?" I asked him. He didn't say anything and skated with me.  What is this? Is he secretly trying to tell me something? I looked back up at his face and he was smiling like a kid. His cheeks were slightly pink. Falling in deep thoughts, out of the blue; Viktor held my hips. My eyes widened and I had noticed that the music quickened up. He turned me around, so my back was facing him, and lead me on the ice. 

We were pair skating. He held my hands tightly. This made me nervous. I wanted to know what he was thinking. I knew how to pair dance because Yuuri and I had tried it before when we practiced together, so I wasn't that worried about dragging him down. However, I panicked. 

"Viktor...?" 

"Hm?" he sounded happy. I gulped down what I felt. 

"Why are we pair skating?" he laughed and I wondered if I made a mistake by asking. 

"Because I wanted so" 

I turned my head around to face him, but when I did my face were centimeters away from his. His face got close to mine and I closed my eyes...