Chapter 8

"Scumball, skum bucket." Jenna has been insulting the news guy when Elena walked in.

"Who are you talking to?"

"Him." Jenna said while motioning to the TV.

"The news guy." I told Elena.

"Also known as Logan Scum Fell. Did your mum ever tell you why I moved away from Mystic Falls."

"No way," I told her, while Elena and I chuckled. "You and him."

"He's cute." Elena said and sat down at the head of the table and opened up a jewellery box that had the family heirlooms in it, while I was sat next to the chair that Jenna was leaning against sipping my coffee.

"He is not cute. There is nothing cute about him." She said and switched off the TV and stood between Elena and I. "What are you doing with that?"

"I went yesterday and got it from the safe deposit box. Mum had told Mrs Lockwood that she would loan it to the Funders Council for their heritage display."

"Is that Grandma Bets wedding ring?" I asked when I picked up a ring.

"Originally it was great great grandma Mary's wedding ring." Jer stood beside me and grabbed a pocket watch.

"How much do you think this stuff is worth like on Ebay?" I snatched it from Jer and put it back in the box.

"You're not going to find out." Elena told him.

"That stuff is mum and dad's you can't just give it away." Jer said while walking around the kitchen.

"I'm not giving it away, it's called a loan Jeremy." The doorbell went off and Elena went to get it. I got up and put my cup in the sink. I walked to the front door and saw Elena and Stefan making out.

"Bye Elena, Stefan." Elena looked at me.

"Where are you going?"

"The Grill." I said and walked out.
₩₩₩₩₩₩

I am meeting Car and Bonnie at the grill but I'm here early. I sat down at a table, looking around. I saw Tyler sitting with his parents. He looked over at me, and I smiled genuinely. He smiled, I saw Vickie come over to their table. My smile got wiped off by the fact that they are still together. Ty looked confused and looked to where Vickie is. I turned my head. How could I be so foolish? I thought to myself.

I heard to chairs slid out at my table and I looked up to see Care and Bonnie. "Go with Elena?" Care told Bonnie.

"She's asking Stefan." Bonnie told her.

"Um. What's going on?"

"Care is ditching me and going to the Founders Party with Damon." I can't tell Care about what he did, I know she will think I'm lying.

"I'll go with you," I suggested. "It's not like I'm getting asked to go."

"Thank you." I smiled at Bonnie and nodded. "What about your mum is she ok with you bringing Damon?"

"And I'm supposed to care why?"

"He's older, sexy, danger guy."

"Older, sexy, danger guy. Is that an official witch twitter tweet."

"No more witch jokes ok. That whole Mr Tanner prediction thing has me freaked."

"Ok. And Damons, not dangers. He just has a lot of issues with his brother. Like major deep-rooted drama."

"Like?" I asked.

"I'm not really supposed to say anything."

"Caroline Forbes when have you ever kept a secret in your life?" Bon told her.

"Ok. But you can't tell Elena. Either of yous."

"No." Bonnie told her.
♤♤♤♤♤♤♤

Care has finished telling us and now we are just chilling at the grill. I ordered a large bowl of fries for us to share around. I grabbed a fry and stuck in my mouth. I heard yelling that sounded like Tyler. I looked over and saw Vickie and Tyler yelling at each other. "I wonder what that's about?" I asked them. They both looked at me not knowing. I heard footsteps stop next to me and saw Tyler my happy go lucky smile wiped off completely. "What?" Tyler looked at me confused, so did the girls.

"I need to talk to you." Without me being able to respond he had already grabbed my arm and was dragging me away from the crowd. He stopped then let go. "Firstly what is wrong with you?"

"What's wrong with me? Hmmm... let me think. Oh I know we kissed, I forgot that you were still with Vickie but you kn-" Ty covered my mouth.

"I broke up with Vickie." He let go of my mouth.

"What? When?"

"Just before."

"Why?"

"Because what I told you is true. I really like you, Tara. Was what you told me true?"

"I like you too." He kissed me.

"Will you go to the Founders Party with me?" I smiled.

"I would love to but I promised Bonnie that I would go with her."

"Oh ok." He said saddened. I kissed him and wrapped my arms around him for a hug. He kissed me back and hugged me.

"Sorry, Ty." He kissed my forehead and we let go. I smiled up at him and walked back to the table.

"What was all that about?"

"Umm..."

"Spill." Caraline told me wanting to know.

"Well after the bonfire Tyler and I kissed." I sat there looking at the while they looked at me shocked.

"What?" Bon said.

"What about Vickie?" Care asked.

"He broke up with her. That's what the fight was about."

"So what did he say?" Bon asked.

"He said he likes me and asked me to the funders party but I said no."

"What! Why!?" Care looked at me shocked.

"Cause I'm going with Bonnie." I told her in a duh tone.

"Aww, Tara you didn't have to."

"I know but I did." I told Bonnie smiling.
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

I'm back home and I was sitting in the lounge when someone knocked on the door. "Jer can you get that?!" I heard heavy footsteps run down the stairs and open the door. I got up and walked over in time with Elena once I heard Ty's voice. Jer opened the door and Elena gave him a jewellery box telling him to be careful.

"Yeah be careful with it dick." Jer snapped at him.

"Hey! Not now ok guys, please." I told them both while l looked between the two.

"I'm fine he's just being a punk." Ty told me.

"I got your punk." Jer told him.

"Come on Tyler." I said while pushing him out and Elena closed the door. "Tyler please don't start anything tonight ."

"I won't as long as that dick doesn't do anything."

"Hey Ty come on please."

"Fine, fine. Well, I got to get this to my mum. So I'll see you at the party." I nodded my head and went on my tiptoes to kiss his lips. I pulled away and smiled walking back into the house.