RAMEN

taehyung focus
taehyung boards the bus leading into the centre of the city - he refuses to walk out in this icy weather, no doubt he'd slip and fall in public and make a fool of himself.
so here he was, sitting on a lone seat at the front of the bus, enjoying the low chatter around him from schoolchildren and the gossiping old ladies. listening to all this and the quiet thrum of the bus, he rests his head against the bus window and basks in the peaceful feeling.

he'd ride the bus to the ramen shop, wait for jungkook and then dine on cheap but amazingly good ramen with him.
he loved this day; he loved taking the bus and he loved eating ramen, moreover he loved jungkook's presence with him. although he couldn't tell if he actually loved loved jungkook.

love was big word - and he didn't know if that was what his heart felt for jungkook.
taehyung does love the way jungkook's eyes crease when he smiles, smiling with those bunny teeth. he does love the way jungkook kisses him, holds his hand and makes his heartbeat quicken almost abnormally. he does love the fact that jungkook was trying hard to win taehyung back, coming up with all these cute dates and compliments (that taehyung said he dislikes but secretly enjoys).

is that love then? taehyung asks himself, thinking about jungkook as he watches the scenery pass by slowly.

oh god, what am i doing? i sound like one of those melodramatic love sick women in those romance films mom watches. jesus. taehyung shakes his head with horror and focuses on the ice glazed over the roofs of shops and treetops outside the bus window.

+

5:15pm
taehyung arrives at a cute ramen shop and seats himself at a table for two in the corner of the place. he smiles to himself as he brings his phone out, checking the time. im a little early, taehyung thinks to himself.

humming, he inhales the delicious scent of ramen and mentally urges jungkook to hurry up so he could feast on a bowl of noodles already.

5:55pm
jungkook's a little late, taehyung thinks as he reads the menu.

6:12pm
taehyung takes out his phone and types a couple of messages to the younger, asking him where he was.

he scratches the nape of his neck, watching as 6:12 turned to 6:13 to 6:14 and on and on.

one hour late, taehyung quips as the clock hits 6:15pm.

7:00pm
taehyung bites his lower lip with anxiousness, tapping his fingers against the table top with worry, and searching the faces who come in though the door with anticipation, which is soon replaced by disappointment upon realising that neither of the customers have the face of jeon jungkook.

taehyung, sipping on his cherry coke, sighs once again when the customers of the ramen shop leave after demolishing bowls of tasty ramen and drinking away their time. they all leave with content stomachs and a cheery grin on their faces, leaving taehyung to frown to himself.

the older looks back down at his phone, expecting jungkook to message him that he's on his way but there's no notification from jungkook. no reply to his spam of messages either.

taehyung pockets his phone and flips through the menu for the thousandth time whilst internally begging for jungkook to come already - he hates the way the elderly shop owner regards him with pity. taehyung could hear her whisper to her co-workers about him; saying 'poor boy's probably got rejected by a date' and 'guy's probably heartbroken'.

taehyung slumps in his seat. what the woman was saying wasn't exactly false; maybe jungkook had ditched him and this date.

after a while of hearing the hushed murmurs of the ramen shop workers, taehyung has had enough and readies himself to completely give up hope of jungkook ever coming, and decides to leave after waiting for two whole hours.

tugging his red scarf around his neck and grabbing his backpack and phone, taehyung leaves the warmth of the shop and walks out into the freezing january weather.

he sighs, a cloud of white air emanating from his mouth. he takes his earphones and phone, turning his music on and plugging his earbuds into his ears. he starts to walk as music fills his ears, his music accommodating the disappointment residing in the pit of his stomach.