t w o

My professor gave me a headache. The college counsellor advised me not to miss any days of class, she told me it's a good way to get over the trauma.

Taking my mind off it.

Grace disagreed.

Grace sat next to me, earlier I told her Saturdays nights events.

The polices are still on the search for the missing victims Sharon, Kathy, Mena and many more who I didn't know.

Every class I've been to today have recognised the death and loss of many college students, telling us the missing ones will be found.

I was told the dead will get a plank in remembrance.

The professors talked about safety.

There has been an 11pm curfew, I know they won't uphold they can't search every dorm to make sure every student is still in.

Class ended.

I headed out, ready for lunch.

Grace keeps up with me, people keep asking me if I'm okay.

Telling me things I already know. Asking how I'm alive.

Every story has its secrets.

I just say I heard the gun shots so I hid in the back and no one found me. I escaped through the back.

No one would question me.

It was around the whole school.

People making up new ones how I'm working with the mafia that's why I'm alive. The only person who knows the full truth is Grace.

We find a small table in the corner of the cafeteria. The glass panelling makes the area seem wider that it is.

Grace goes up alone to order our usual.

I wait quietly until she comes back.

"Thanks heaps."

"Anything for you," she steals a slice of my pizza taking a few bites.

I laugh flinging a piece of pepperoni at her face. Her eyes widen throwing a chip at me, I try to deflect it back at her but it lands on the floor.

"Movies tonight? Just to get your mind off things."

"Sounds great," I nod.

♔♔♔

I head out to get some more snacks for us. Somehow Grace is completely enjoying the movie, I on the other hand pay no attention to it.

It could be a good movie, I'm sure it isn't though.

I feel eyes on me as I scoop chocolate raspberries into a plastic bag, I take one into my mouth. "Naughty girl," the same voice from the other night says from behind me.

I face him.

"Are you stalking me?"

"Why'd you think that, kitten?"