Sick

Lana's POV
I quickly ran over to Maddie's room to find her sitting up in her bed balling her eyes out. I ran over to her and realized there was puke all over her and her bed. Great, she is sick.
Me: "Oh Maddie, baby it's ok!"
I cooed but she was still balling. I leaned over and took off her pj shirt because it had puke all over it. I carefully picked her up and rested her on my hip and I tried to clam her down. I put my hand on her forehead and it was warm, she probably has a fever or stomach flu. She was fine earlier? Now I have a sick baby , yay. I was bouncing her on my hip trying to calm her down so I could ask her how she felt right now.
Me: "Maddie can you tell me what hurts?"
Maddie: "M..my tummy and head!"
It was kind of hard to understand her since she was still crying but I quickly took action. I never had to deal with a sick baby before so this isn't going to be fun. First of all I have to get her cleaned up because she threw up all over herself. I walked over to the washroom still with her in my arms and I started the bath water. I made it kind of cooler than usual so it will help cool her down. I stripped her out of her clothes since she was still crying, I feel so bad for her. I placed her in the tub and grabbed her barbies to distract her.
Maddie: "Bingy!"
I sighed, I really wanted to start to get that away from her but honestly I can't now because she's sick and that's just torture. I went to grab her paci and I gave it to her, she quickly put it in her mouth. I helped wash her and then I wrapped her up in a towel.
Me: "Do you feel any better?"
She shook her head at me. Then she started to make a worried face and I could tell she was going to throw up again. I quickly moved her so she was above the toilet and I rubbed her back gently. She started to puke and when she was done she once again was balling her eyes don't. I don't blame her to be honest, throwing up sucks. I picked her up and put her on the counter in the washroom and I grabbed the cup there and filled it with water so she can help get the taste out of her mouth. Then I got her dressed in new pjs.
Me: "Let's get you some medicine okay?"
She hesitantly nodded, I could already tell this was going to be a fight. Maybe it will be easy the first time but definitely not the times after that. I picked her up and walked downstairs to the kitchen and set her on the counter. Luckily I had bought some child medicine before I went and got her at the orphanage. I poured the pink coloured liquid in the tiny cup and went in front of Maddie.
Me: "Can you drink this for me? It will help make your tummy feel better."
She stared at the cup and then me, not answering the question.
Me: "Look, it's pink! You like the colour pink, isn't that cool?!"
I'm trying to get her to take it voluntarily to make this easier both on me and her. My idea worked and she nodded her head taking her paci out of her mouth. I tipped the cup into her mouth and her face cringed up, I thought she was going to spit it all out but then I heard a loud gulp. Thank goodness!
Me: "Good job you big girl!"
I praised her and she gave me a small smile. Then she rubbed her eyes and yawned, with that I picked her up and headed back go her room. When I got in I forgot that she had puked in her bed, I guess she is sleeping with me.
Me: "Wanna sleep with me?"
She nodded her head now with her paci in her mouth again, I was hoping she left it on the counter but nope. We walked into my room and I tucked her in and I got in on the other side.
Maddie: "Still hurt!"
She was pointing at her stomach, so I pulled her close to me and started to run my fingertips along her tummy, I always loved when my mother did this to me when I was sick. For some reason it really helps. Like mother like daughter it worked for her to and she fell asleep. Let's hope she's better in the morning..