chapter two

This chapter is dedicated to _adrenaline because she's awesome and her stories are rad as heck. She's seriously so talented. 

Dear Jenson, 

I am so sorry about Harry ruining your sketches and being an ass about it last night. Niall & I will make it up to you. I should be home around noon, and we'll go get lunch. xx -V 

Violet's note that had been taped to the bathroom mirror caused a stupid little smile to come over my face. She may look like she'd be a high maintenance bitch from the outside, but Violet had proven her stereotype wrong. She cared. 

A nice shower relieved me of all the bad memories and stress from the night before, and afterwards I was in a much better mood. It was a life choice of mine to always wash away the bad feelings and put the past behind you. Although, I knew there was never going to be a time when I was too fond of Harry, but I also knew that he was Niall's best friend and I'd probably be seeing a lot more of him. 

After my nice, warm shower and a brand new outfit was put on, I was feeling great. I retreated from the bathroom that Violet and I shared, and sat on my bed with my sketchbook. It was always a good feeling to be happy while I was drawing. I was most inspired when challenged, but drawing whenever I was free of anything even remotely bad was the best. It was wonderful. I flipped past the angry Harry sketches from the night before and started fresh on a blank page. 

I never really planned out what I was going to be drawing before I did, it just happened. Today, my mind decided that I should draw eyes. I'd always thought that eyes could define a mood. Your eyes can tell a lot about what you're feeling. Wide eyes showed fear or anxiety, while narrowed eyes were either intrigued, thoughtful, or angry. My favorite eyes to draw were happy eyes. Happy eyes were just a little bit scrunched, with a crinkle towards the outside to show laughter, maybe or a smile. Half an hour must have past and I heard Violet's key open the door, and the sound of her shoes walking in. 

"Jenson?" She said before walking past our entryway to see me with my sketchbook on my bed. I looked up and sat my book next to me. Violet plopped down next to me, pulling the beanie that covered the top of her red hair off.

"Hey," I said, offering her a smile, "How was your first class?" 

"Boring." She groaned. "I was so excited, only to be completely let down. The class was British History 101, and the professor just handed us our text books, and said "Read Chapters 1 and 2, I'll lecture chapter 1 next class, chapter two the next, you'll receive study guides identical to the test after I lecture chapter 2, and then you test. No class interaction whatsoever." 

"That really sucks. I'm sorry, Violet." I said, offering her upper arm a squeeze of sympathy. She just shrugged. 

"It's really no big deal, I have another class tomorrow, Maths I think. There's no way I'll dislike that class, so it's fine." 

"Oh, okay. So, how did the rest of Niall's birthday go?" I asked. 

 Violet gave me a sympathetic look this time. She looked almost looked like she felt guilty. "Well, after you left, I went back inside and told Harry what a twat he was about 800 times. Niall also pestered him about being such a dick, and he eventually left, saying something about going to get some new friends. I had to take his keys, too, so I assume someone picked him up or he called for a cab. I want to tell you that he's not always like that, but I'd be lying if I said he was a nice drunk." 

"I think he made that pretty clear last night." I chuckled. 

"He's much more tolerable sober, though. I reckon he'd already had a few before he even got to the pub." Violet sighed.