Isaac/Theo; Bandaids Don't Fix Bullet Holes [2]

You were standing in front of the mirror in your bedroom. Your reflection mimicked your actions as you applied makeup to your face. Your eyes flickered towards the bedroom door as it swung open.

You smiled at Theo. "You're still busy getting ready?" He laughed.

"Yes. I said I'd be ready in 20 minutes. That was 7 minutes ago." You told him motioning towards the clock hanging on the wall.

He sat down on the edge of your bed. "We're going to see a movie. There's no need for all of this." He pointed at your outfit and you shrugged.

"I like to look good." You smiled at him through the mirror and he returned the gesture.

"You look great." He complimented you. You mouthed a small 'thanks' before continuing to apply the eyeliner.

"What movie are we seeing?" You asked out of curiosity. Theo hadn't told you what the two of you were going to watch.

"It's a surprise."

"Oh no, is it in black and white?" You groaned and turned around to face him.

"Maybe." He stood up.

"Theo!" You whined. He laughed at you as he took slow steps towards you. "You know how much I hate them."

"You'll like this one, I swear."

You playfully rolled your eyes at him and whirled your body around. "Well, I'm just about ready to go."

"Good." Theo winked.

===

Theo had been doing a pretty good job at helping you forget about Isaac. You could say that it didn't hurt as much as it used to, but the thought of Isaac still always seemed to linger in the back of your mind.

The car slowed down before coming to a complete stop. You and Theo climbed out of his truck and headed towards the entrance of the movie theater.

"Popcorn to share?" He looked at you and you nodded your head.

"You go ahead, I need to go and use the bathroom." You excused yourself, walking away from your best friend and towards where the restrooms were situated.

After doing your business, you exited, but stopped as soon as you started walking back to Theo.

Something had caught your eye- actually someone. The someone that you had been trying to forget for the last two weeks. He didn't call, he didn't even text you. He didn't want to fight for you.

Isaac stood alone with his back against the wall as his eyes scanned the space surrounding him.

You almost smiled. It almost felt as if nothing between the two of you had changed. You almost walked towards him. But you couldn't.

You felt your breath get caught in your throat as a dark haired girl walked up to Isaac and wrapped her arm around his waist. He smiled down at her before pressing a quick kiss on her forehead. It broke you.

That should have been you. That was all you could think in the moment. You felt the tears pricking against your eyes but you refused to let a single one fall.

You shook it off and continued walking back to Theo. He smiled widely as you approached him and it caused your heart to warm up.

"You ready to go in?" He asked.

"Yeah, let's go." You forced a small smile before the two of you headed towards the doors leading to the theater.

"I saw Isaac." You said out if completely nowhere. Theo looked at you and his smile slowly faded.

"Are you okay?" He asked, his eyes searching your face for any emotion. You showed none.

"I'm fine." You sighed. The two of you walked in and looked for your seats before sitting down near the front.

Your eyes widened as soon as your butt hit the soft cushion. You could recognize those dark curls anywhere. Isaac sat right in front of you. Beside him was the girl you had seen earlier. You wanted to grip her hair and yank it backwards, but you had to calm yourself down.

"Y/N-" Theo whispered, but you cut him off with a sudden 'shît'.

Lucky for you, note the sarcasm, Isaac had turned his head slightly and his eyes had also widened at the sight of Theo and then of course, you.

He turned to the front immediately. That's when you could no longer hold in all of the emotions you had been bottling up inside for the last two weeks.

You jumped up and ran out as the tears began to fall. Theo called after you, but didn't follow. He probably could tell that you needed to be alone.

You stood outside of the building for no more than five minutes when somebody came up behind you.

"Theo I'm sorry I just need some time alone to think. I know how much you want me to see this movie an-" You cut yourself off when you realized that it was not Theo standing beside you. "Oh, Isaac."

"Y/N. Hey." He half smiled. He stood with his hands buried in his pockets.

"I don't want to talk to you." You said fast and tried to walk back inside, but he stopped you.

"Y/N, please just hear me out. Please? It'll be quick, I swear." He looked at you with desperate eyes.

"I'm sorry I can't Isaac." You sighed. "I can't look at you without thinking how much I loved you and how you hurt me. I can still hear you speaking to her; asking her to stay the night." Your heart shattered at the heartbreaking memory.

"Y/N, I am so, so sorry."

"Is that her? In the theater? Is she the one you've been with the entire time?" You asked out of curiosity.

He hesitated. "Yes." He admitted.

"I hope you don't hurt her the way you hurt me. I'd hate for somebody else to feel the way I did because of you."

"I miss you Y/N. I love you. I haven't stopped thinking about you-"

"Oh really?" You laughed bitterly. "You didn't bother calling or texting me."

He looked at you in confusion. "I couldn't. Theo told me that if I tried talking to you, he'd hurt me by hurting you." Isaac frowned.

What? You were confused. "What do you mean?"

"He threatened to hurt you if I tried fixing things up Y/N. Do you think I wanted that to happen?" He raised his voice a little.

"That can't be true. Theo wouldn't hurt me. He wouldn't say that. He wouldn't lie to me." You convinced yourself.

"Y/N I wouldn't lie to you! I love you! Stop thinking that your best friend is so perfect, because he's not! I'm sorry I didn't call, but I couldn't risk you getting hurt physically or emotionally." Isaac's face softened.

"Isaac I-" You were interrupted by the sound of the cinema doors swinging open.

"What's going on here?" Theo's voice echoed in your ears. You looked at Isaac and fear suddenly filled his blue eyes.

***

THIS BOOK HAS 10K READS OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE!?!

don't forget to vote and leave a comment