56

C H A P T E R 56

"Very beautiful Patronus," Sirius spoke once Samantha had entered the room that night. The rain had let up immensely however there were still dark clouds covering the navy blue sky. "Your parents would be very proud. The Charm is very advanced magic."

There was that term again and Samantha smiled. "Thank you," she responded simply and sat down at the edge of the bed. Sirius was sitting on the piano bench, leaning up against it. She gave him the box of food and he took it with gratefulness.

"Where did you learn that?" He looked very interested while he ate his turkey.

Samantha told him about how Aberforth valued knowledge and protection and how he would teach her higher level magic. He wanted her to be able to defend herself in any scenario brought to her. Towards the end of her explanation, she started to feel sad. Samantha missed him.

"You yourself nearly spooked Harry to fall off his broom," Samantha said in a harsh tone that brought Sirius to raise his eyebrow.

"He's never seen a dog before?"

Samantha rolled her eyes and then proceeded to tell him about Divination and how Harry thought he was the Grim: the omen of death.

"Harry should know better to believe that rubbish," Sirius spoke and took a sip of Pumpkin juice. "And if he doesn't then...."

Samantha gave him a look. "I'm sure he wouldn't but that's now twice he's seen some mysterious black dog hidden in the shadows. I can't blame him for starting to think it is a sign."

Sirius took a double-take. "Twice?"

"Remember during summer, you saw him right before I called the Knight Bus?"

Realization dawned on his face and the embarrassment. "Oh...whoops....well I just wanted to see him and you play Quidditch," Sirius gave Samantha his puppy dog eyes and she rolled her eyes. A smile then formed on her face. "You both are fantastic by the way, even though it looks like I saw Harry on an off game."

A frowned formed on her face and she gritted her teeth. "It was those wretched Dementors."

Sirius shivered. "I saw a glimpse of them and then ran for the Forest. Twelve years of their presence was enough."

Samantha looked up at him and sighed. She felt bad about his time in Azkaban and how they were here on the grounds. Sirius then glanced at her. "Is that what's bugging you? The Dementors? I would think you would brush off their effects on people."

He was right. She could see past their intention and think of a happy memory but Samantha knew that it was Cedric that was filling her mind.

Sirius continued. "Since you came in, I could send something was wrong."

Sighing, she said, "It's Cedric. He senses there's something I'm not telling him."

"There is."

"I know and I can't tell him anything which is what's the problem. He can sense that I'm being distant and it's upsetting him. I can't blame him though, I would be upset too if I was in his position. But I can't do anything about it. I made a promise to you." Samantha was now fully sitting on the bed and sat back against the headboard.