63

Above is an amazing collage made by the even more amazing @ataddei19 !! Check it out!!

C H A P T E R 63

Quidditch.

That is what Samantha needed to fully take her mind off of her breakup with Cedric. Even though they seemed to be on a break earlier in the year, it was now solidified and that took a heavy toll on Samantha's heart.

She wasn't afraid to say that she missed him and wished that she could go to him and tell him the truth...but this was about Sirius. And Sirius was much more important to her. It wasn't that apparent now but she knew deep down, that maybe this would work out for the best.

Maybe.

After Cedric mentioned that he wanted to breakup, Samantha didn't know what to say. A part of her knew it was potentially coming as long as she was still talking to Sirius. And she would definitely still talk to Sirius. Cedric was very smart so it was only a matter of time before he picked up on something. And he could not pick up on something. She was very blessed to have found out about Hermione's time turner and to use it. She quickly then spoke to Sirius, explained what happened, and quickly put back the time turner.

Instead of speaking or waiting for a response, Cedric just nodded his head and left, after mumbling a short goodbye...and not even looking her in the eyes.

Samantha stood there and then took a breath. Her mind was blank for a few moments before reality hit her.

She then remembered she had to go check up on Sirius and then return Hermione's time turner.

Since it was dark out, Sirius didn't even notice that other Samantha had disappeared and her taking her own place.

Sirius then mentioned Peter Pettigrew and Samantha concluded that too much time had passed and he was probably somewhere in the castle...somewhere probably out of their reach.

That didn't sit well with Sirius and Samantha just walked away, mentioning that she was very tired and needed sleep. A lot had happened in a short amount of time and it seemed that time was the only thing that could heal.

A couple days had passed and Samantha was thankful that she did have Quidditch to distract her from the stress she's been under. It was their final practice before their match against Ravenclaw. Samantha was very grateful that they weren't playing Hufflepuff, she wouldn't know what she would do.

Classes were a bit of a struggle. The Gryffindors had three with Hufflepuff but Samantha would sit by her girls on the other side of the classroom and was thankful that OWLs were there to distract them.

"You don't need him," Angelina spoke after Samantha missed another pass and Oliver yelled at them to take a five minute break.

"I know, " she said, sighing. "But I can't act like I'm not sad about it. We spent over a year with each other."

Angelina and Alicia nodded understanding. They both liked Cedric and liked Samantha with him but maybe she needed some time alone for herself. This was the time of year to start thinking about what they may want to do for their future so maybe this breakup ended up being at the right time.

"You'll be ok. There's still a whole bunch of chocolate frogs waiting for you to demolish after practice," Alicia spoke with a grin.