The Date Night

Hermione stepped out of the Head Girl dorm into the Heads' Common room, wearing a black gown with a ribbon-bow detailed racer back, where Ginny waited for her. She was looking stunning in the long black dress contrasting her rouge red lips.

Ginny's eyes went wide. "I haven't seen you look this gorgeous since the Yule ball, Hermione. My brother is going to die of remorse just by seeing what he lost, and then roll in his grave out of self pity", she said with a devilish grin.

The girls giggled together at this, like they could read the mischief in each others' minds.

After Ginny had fixed Hermione's hair, she handed her a gold necklace with a flat golden Gryffindor insignia as a pendant, saying, "Be safe Hermione. Keep this with you. It's got a Protean Charm, for emergencies."

"And, oh, Harry said he had to finish his Potions essay so he asked me to give you these, before he left. You know, in case you needed to escape Malfoy?" she added handing her the invisibility cloak and the Marauder's Map.

Now Hermione was sure she could take on anything. She headed towards the sixth floor corridor where she would meet the ex-Death Eater.

Talk about risky business ⚠⚠⚠

***************************

Draco was late. Hermione had started pacing up and down the corridor, that lead to nowhere, apparently. It was five thirty. No one turns up that late for a date. So Hermione decided to just turn on her heels and go back, when she spotted a mane of platinum-blonde rushing up the stairs, towards her. It was Draco, in a black suit, hair looking invitingly windswept. She noticed he didn't have his usual slick swept back hairstyle, but rather partitioned on the left and oh, Merlin it was goood.  😍😍

Was it the first time he'd done his hair this way? Surely he wouldn't have done it for a date with me? He must have been styling it that way since sometime. But then why didn't I notice earlier? Hermione thought.

Draco stopped dead in his tracks when he laid his eyes on her. She was looking like a goddess in black. It reminded him of the Yule ball, when he had been struck by her beauty. But he wasn't gonna tell her that, oh no. He was Draco Malfoy, self-declared Prince of Ice and Darkness. He was gonna keep his rep.

She kept musing to herself when Draco interrupted her, "Well, you do clean up after yourself rather well Granger. Thankfully, I won't be embarrassed tonight. Follow me", he sneered, silver orbs meeting chocolate.

Hermione was livid. He was half an hour late and he expected her to just tail after him like a puppy? Did he have no manners at all? Of course, he didn't. He was Draco Malfoy, Bouncing ferret, The enemy, Pureblood Supremacist, Highschool bully.. Well, you know, the works.

"How dare you? You're half an hour late!"

"Last time I checked, I don't need to give you an hourly update on my whereabouts, Granger", he drawled.

"Then why invite me here half an hour early. You just like to torture me don't you, Malfoy? Thought it would be fun to watch me fret whether you're going to turn up or not? Well you can keep your sadist twisted happiness to yourself!"

Wait! Did Granger say she was worrying if he would turn up? Draco had expected her to worry about the consequences to the Weasel King, but Granger's mind was occupied with him. Just what was going on?

"Maybe. Maybe not. Although, why would I want to torture you. I think the Weasel King has done enough don't you think?"

"What do you mean?" She hissed, eyes narrowing.

"I saw you."

"What?"

"I saw you the other day, in this same corridor", he explained.

Hermione couldn't believe it. Normally, he would have made a joke out of it and the whole school would have known it by now. Why hadn't he let out her secret? Did he plan to blackmail her with it? That would be just like him. But she wouldn't let him have any leverage on her, no way!!

"So what? Are you going to tell the entire school I had a proper wail? Well, I don't care!" she screamed.

Draco winced. "No Granger, I'm going to tell you that the Weasel didn't deserve it. Follow me", he replied calmly, his silver orbs boring into her mahogany, leaving her stunned into silence.

He wordlessly led her towards the statue and the end of the corridor, rapped smartly on its head and muttered, "Dissendium". The statue moved to reveal a passage.

"Ladies first", the blonde said smirking.

"No way in hell, Malfoy!" replied the brunette. That bloke might as well be leading her to a death trap for all she knew. Malfoy's face was impassive.

"Very well then Granger. Since it's obvious that you don't trust me, I'll lead the way. Oh, but do stay right behind. I shall not take responsibility if you take a wrong turn and end up in the Forbidden Forest", he lit his wand and stepped into the passage with Hermione following close behind, wand lit.

***************************
After ten minutes of walking through the pasaage, they exited into a wine cellar.

"Where are we, Malfoy?" she said slightly panicking. She had a special hatred for basements after Malfoy Manor.

"Relax Granger", he said, sensing her panic, "We are currently in the wine cellar of Parkinson's Pureblood Pub. This way", he signalled her, pointing towards a flight of stairs, which led to a door that opened into a long deserted pub.

"This place did quite well during the dark lord's reign. Now, it's just a taboo... for most people that is. Let's go", he explained, offering her his arm.

"Oh, so we mudbloods and lesser mortals are allowed to touch Your Holy Pure-bloodedness now, are we? I'm shocked", the brunette scoffed dramatically.

Malfoy rolled his eyes. " I never said I liked it, Granger. Just grab on, before I change my mind."

"Where are we going?" She said reluctantly holding his extended arm. She could feel the ripple of hardened mucles beneath the sleeve of his tux, as he stiffened at her touch. Apparently, his Quidditch work outs had filled him out, giving him a drool-worthy body. She stopped herself from thinking any further. It was Malfoy after all.

"Just wait and watch, Granger", he said smirking, in his smooth silky voice, and side along apparated with her, landing them in front of a classy blue signboard that read:
Délicatesse de sorcière

"Shall we?" he asked, smiling, eyes twinkling.

Wait! Did Malfoy actually, even remotely, look happy? Great Godric, he did! Hermione assumed that he must be enjoying torturing her to be this happy.

"Wait! We're late. What if the table isn't open?"

Malfoy's smile shifted back to a smirk. "I'm a Malfoy, Granger. For me, they will keep the table open all night if they have to." Saying that, he led her in.

***************************

Author's Note: This one is dedicated to my wonderful fellow Potterheads

acina_is_amazing gal you really are amazing and OMG I love reading your witty comments!!

and

LouisKnight9 for being the really kind and sweet person that you are!

Thank you for your support friends!

Stay tuned for the next chapter: The Late  Night. Don't forget to SHARE this book with your friends, VOTE, and COMMENT!

So... Until next next week (or sooner - one can always hope 😜) , Happy reading!! 😘

PS: I have attached a picture of Hermione's dress as well as Draco on their date. Be sure to take a look. 👀