Chapter 67: A perfect day

Saira's P.O.V

"Saira? Saira, rose wake up!", I heard a soft voice whispering in my ear and stroking my arm.

I slowly opened my eyes to see the sun shining. The energy flowed through my veins and I breathed in the perfume filled air. Rose leafs were falling on my face and then I realized that I was not at home. Neither at Iroh's. I turned around to see my mother. She wore her hair in a half up do and a robe. The beautiful woman gave me a warm smile and stroked my cheek. I took after her, that was clear but would I look so beautiful when I was her age?

"Saira, rose. You have to get up. It's your wedding day. You have to get ready my dear."

My eyes widened. Now I remembered it all again. Last night was my last as a bachelorette. The party was nice and I experienced new things but my friends and sister kept it simple. Fortunately. Otherwise I would look like a zombie today. My mother offered me her hand, which I gladly took to get up. I looked around and realized that I was at the Royal Hotel. We booked it so I would spend my last day with my parents and besides, we didn't have a house in the Capital. My family and some friends and a stylist team would help me to get ready for the big day. As I got up, I immediately walked to the balcony to enjoy the rays of sunshine, to let my caged mind free. The whole Capital was beautifully decorated with our official engagement pictures and flowers, the peace just calming me down. The nation was sleeping since this day was declared to a national bank holiday. Looking over the city, I stopped at my finger, at my engagement ring. I let out a shaky breath. Did I really want this? Did I really want to sacrifice my life, my freedom to this single man? It still wasn't too late. I still could step back, let all this stop. But then, a voice, back in my mind assured me that this was the right decision. It was the right decision to love Iroh.
Suddenly, I felt a hand on my shoulder, as I turned around, I saw my mother. She looked concerned.

"Something is bothering you, rose."

"I just don't know if all this is right.", I sighed and looked back at the sleeping Fire Nation.

"I know, I never told you that...but when I got married to your father, I was unsure too."

"Unsure? You? You are the confidence in person."

She chuckled and touched my cheek:"That's where you got it from, rose. You don't have to be afraid, honey. If Iroh wasn't a a good man, I would have never let him dating you or getting you two engaged."

"Although he is a prince?"

"I'm not impressed by titles and statuses. I only want the best for you.", she said kissing my forehead,"Now let's go. We need to make you ready."

My mother took my hand and pulled me into the living room of the floor, where my father and my siblings were already waiting and eating.

"Good morning sleeping beauty, finally woke up?", my father teased and I smiled, walking over and kissing his cheek, wishing him a good morning.
I sat between Taemin and Sarina, who were both smirking. I rolled my eyes and didn't have a clue what was so funny. At some time, I gave up, wondering what's gotten into them.

"Alright...what's so funny you two?"

"Nothing.", the said in sync.

"Oh come on!"

"Nope.", Taemin said.

I rolled my eyes and kept playing with the food on my plate. I couldn't eat, I was too nervous to. My father kept staring at me and I frowned:"Is there a reason why everyone keeps staring at me today?"