A Man with a Plan

"Demons" by Imagine Dragons
Dedicated to Freakazoid99 for the cool graphic!
**************

SIGYN
"Sigyn, perhaps it will not be as bad as it seems-"

"Do SHUT IT, husband," Sif snapped impatiently. Back at the castle the next few days, Sigyn built up a pattern. Care for baby Thorn, and then, force Thor to bring her home immediately using teleportation so she did not have to cross Loki or his children at any means. She could not see them. She simply could not. The maiden ignored Loki at all costs. She stopped caring for the triplets, and, tried to distance herself as best she could.

Sigyn's heartstrings had come completely undone. She could not be with the man she loved, nor could she be a mother to the children she felt were her very own. She was utterly brokenhearted. Her time when not caring for Thorn was spent crying. She had no options. There was no backing out of the marriage unless she wished her own father bodily harm. Odin was most definitely not against doing such a disgusting act. He had his own son abused in such a way she had to resist hitting the king when he had been in her presence.

Sigyn could not bear to speak to Loki, not yet. No doubt he knew by now she was betrothed to Balder. Still, it was too painful the night she had to say goodbye to Loki as he married Angrboda. She could barely cope as she cried herself to sleep each and every night for months. Now she was simply expected to marry Balder and act as though Loki and his children meant nothing to her...?

Sigyn barely noticed she had started crying once more until Sif took her into her arms to coax her. She looked hurt on her behalf. "Now look what you did, you bumbling oaf!"

Thor looked sheepish as he awkwardly watched as Sigyn cry some more. After a few long moments of heavy shoulder patting and holding, Sif looked somewhat cross. "How could you have not informed Loki...?"

"I c-c-cannot," Sigyn shuddered, shaking her blonde head. "I love him too much to..."

"To tell him you are being forced to marry his own brother he grew up with?" Sif pushed. "He knows, Sigyn, he is already aware of the situation and he is not blaming you..."

"I a-accepted..." Sigyn cried harder, shaking her head. "I accepted the offer for my father would be punished if I did not..."

"Being betrothed is not as dire as women make it out to be," Thor offered mildly, sparing his wife a wry smile before her dirty looked wiped it off his face. "Did I say something that was wrong...?"

"She wished to marry Loki and she is marrying Balder," Sif spat at her husband. "Do you not see why she is upset...?"

Thor's thick brows furrowed. "Loki is a frost giant..."

Sif rolled her lovely eyes as she avoided further commentary. Sigyn was not sure whether Thor's thickness was due to lack of understanding how women felt when being forcibly betrothed, or, whether he simply did not realize that Sigyn and Loki truly loved each other. The way they felt towards one another had no comparison to what Thor and Sif felt. They were brought together by royal obligation. Twas only good fortune that their feelings for one another grew the longer the marriage progressed. Sigyn knew she would never have the same feelings for Balder that she had for Loki. She loved the latter with all of her heart. It was only as Thor lumbered off to read through scrolls he had received earlier in the day that Sif settled Sigyn straight. She looked her in the eye, her expression one of annoyance. "You cannot avoid him, you know."

"I l-lost him o-once a-already, I cannot bear to lose him again."

Rolling her eyes gently, Sif slowly led Sigyn to another area of her home. It was a distance awayfrom the greeting room, in the bedroom off the corner of Thorn's nursery. Sif led her through the room, all the way over to large oak door that led out onto the balcony. She closed every door as she went. "I come here to be myself, when I fear Asgardian royalty has taken my entire identity."