Prologue Part 1

'How did this happen?' She thoughtfully asked herself. As her face is partially in the mud, alone and hurt, both physically and emotionally, under a dark raining night. Her overalls and white shirt stained with mud, water, and blood.

"It was going so well; everything was fine, so why couldn't it all stay the same?" she asked quietly, scared that the people who left her to die would come back, even though they are long gone. She is scared of them, but even thinking about them only made her cry again; her wails drowned out by the raging storm above her as her green eyes are lost in the overflowing tears.

After all, who wouldn't cry when their friends abandon them? Not the usual, they ditched her as a joke, kind of abandonment. No, it's the kind desertion that leaves people like Jesse crying in the mud.

So how did this happen? Where did it all go wrong?

It all started like any day, with emotions so thick in the air it will suffocate you, choke you as if there is a rope around your neck, unless you cut with a knife.

Everyday Jesse would hang out in her tree house with Axel and Olivia, her two friends. Not to mention her best friend Reuben, the world's greatest pig, who is always by her side. Sadly, Jesse was ignorant of her friends, more importantly, their opinions of her.

Olivia would do redstone contraptions, study books on the subject, even try to create her own masterpiece... but it was never enough. She couldn't even make a simple lighting system.

Jesse didn't know anything either, so Olivia was left with nothing but frustration, mostly at Jesse for not being able to help. 'We talk about redstone all the time!' Olivia angrily thought to herself. 'I expect her to know at least something! She doesn't even listen; she doesn't respect me to even learn anything I like! But no, it's all about Reuben.' she thought bitterly.

Axel would talk about destruction, as he is a Griefer. He likes blowing things up, and making colorful fireworks. He would practice and exercise his destructive nature to help... but it never did anyone good.

He always forgets how to customize the fireworks, and in the end the only thing the fireworks do is explode in a small, green explosion.

Jesse tries to help, she even managed to make even more varieties of fireworks, but she told Axel to stop using explosions near the tree house because the loud noises would scare Reuben. 'Why should I have to move my stuff? That pig should learn to love explosions!' Axel thought angrily as he walked to his spot in the wood where he can blow up anything he wants undisturbed.

Then there was Reuben, her best friend. Jesse even said it, much to the surprise of Olivia and Axel. They thought they were her best friends, only to be outdone by a pig?!

But they still cared about each other, no matter what they went through. Every year however was a challenge, because every year they would go to the Building Competition, only lose to the Ocelots.

It would be an understatement if the Ocelots were their rivals. In fact, they're bullies; arrogant and took every opportunity to insult Jesse and her friends.

There was Aiden, he was the short-tempered one, and always the bully. Maya, the sassy one, who always made snarky comments when they're not necessary. Gil was quiet, but he always took the opportunity to support his friends' rude insults and comments. Lukas, the leader, was tolerable. He didn't bully Jesse or her friends, but he didn't do much effort to stop his friends from doing it either.

Every year it's the same, they lose, they feel sad, and try to forget. It didn't help that their friend Petra was also helping the Ocelots get rare materials for their builds. Even though Jesse, Axel, and Olivia are friends, they can't afford to hire her.

But one day, someone surprising came into their lives. It was Jesses' twin brother... Jesse! Yep, that got confusing really quick, especially for Axel.

But everyone liked (M)Jesse, even more than his sister. It's not that he torments his sister to make her look bad or anything, he loves his sister and even protects her, but it's just that he connects with everyone more than his sister ever could.

He helped Olivia improve her redstone, helped Axel with his fireworks and explosions, befriended Petra and now he gets cool items for free sometimes. He even managed to befriend the Ocelots and now they leave them alone!

So after a while, everyone, including her brother, stopped calling her Jesse, and called her Jess from that day forward. They felt that only her brother deserved to be called Jesse, even though they're twins.

Soon, they only hanged out with Jesse instead of Jess, leaving her all alone with Reuben. They always had an excuse to get away from Jess.

"Sorry Jess, I got a thing to do with your brother, maybe later." Olivia said even bothering to pay attention to her.

"Nope." Said Axel. "Jesse said that he'll help me make a TNT cannon, that also dispenses fireworks!" he said with excitement. "Maybe another time." but he really didn't mean that last part.

"No way Jess." Said Petra. "I can't take you to the Nether with me, especially if you're bringing that pig. Jesse would be pissed at me if you got hurt! Sorry, but maybe when you're stronger you can come along... maybe." she said, enforcing that last word to make sure Jess understands.

Her friends didn't have the courage to tell her, they were cowards and yet they were bullies.

Cowards, because they were scared to see Jess break down, crying. They have some shred of humility.

Bullies, because they laughed at Jess as they made fun of her and Reuben, but not enough to go too far. It didn't help either that the Ocelots were reminding her of how everyone, even the Ocelots themselves, like her brother more.

Of course Jess was in denial for years, she didn't want to accept that everyone liked her brother more than her. That is, one year, she woke up in the tree house alone; not even Reuben in sight.

"Hello? Anyone?" She said as she grabbed her things, opened the trapdoor, and climbed down. She wondered around only for ten second for she realized what day it is.

"THE BUILDING COMPETITION!" she yelled in realization. She quickly ran to the usual spot where the contest is held, only to stop, and collapse on to her knees as tears threaten to burst.

It was Axel, Olivia, Petra, her brother Jesse, and Reuben dressed in a costume, standing near their build, the one she designed for this year.

The announcer declared them the winners, and everyone cheered for them, even the Ocelots. Although they did it so they wouldn't look like sore losers.

Axel lifted Olivia in the air in joy as Reuben oinked, running around her brother in joy as he high-fived Petra. Reuben even started to nuzzling up to him, happier than he ever was.

Broken, Jess walks away with her head down. She goes back to the tree house as she is now, as she was before, as she will be in the future: alone.

A/N: Hope you enjoyed! Stay tune for the next part!