CHAPTER VII

KATHERINE EVY JONES

This is wrong.

This is fucking wrong.

Get a grip on yourself!

My mind kept repeating this, but my heart was saying otherwise. I didn't want to stop. The way he touched my body made it go all fiery and tingly. I was intoxicated by the smell of his scent, his closeness made me go all crazy and hazy.

I pulled back instantaneously and my hand flied to his cheek.

Caught by surprise, Ace staggered back. The blood visible on his face (that had come to surface). He looked at me, shocked. I tried to make myself as composed and hostile as possible. If being honest to myself, I liked the sensation when he kissed me, the sparks and fireworks exploded in my stomach when his lips touched mine, same as four years ago. 

But I couldn't let him penetrate the walls I have built over the period of time.

He still stared at me. I said coldly, "Don't you ever touch me,"

"You could have pushed me back when you wanted to," he replied, mirroring my hard tone.

I didn't reply. It was true, I could push him back when there was time, yet I didn't. WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T I! 

I muttered, "You caught me by surprise,"

"Yeah..."then laughing sarcastically, he asked, "What about the second time?"

I clamped my mouth shut. Then without answering, I turned around to walk away.

"You didn't answer me!" he shouted.

I looked at him and replied, "You don't own me, Ace. I will walk away whenever I wish and I will not answer you whenever I wish."

Not it was his time to remain silent.

Continuing in the same cold tone, I said, "Don't pull a stunt of that kind again, Kingman."

***

Ace left after what he had done. I didn't know when did he leave, actually. Kyle had told me about it. 

Kyle asked, "Mommy, why did dad sound angry?"

I looked at him and said, "I don't know, baby. Are you hungry?"

He nodded vigorously. "What are you in a mood to eat today, Kyle?"

"Peanut butter sandwich!" he shouted, throwing his hands up.

I laughed at his enthusiasm and prepared his sandwich. The doorbell ringed, after a few moments. I opened the door to see Jordan standing there with her dog, Bella. I kneeled down and Bella rushed in my arms. The Yorkshire Terrier licked my nose profusely. I chuckled and remarked, "She is really energetic today,"

"Yeah," Jordan replied, smiling, "It's the extra snack,"

Then washing my hands, I went to the sandwich again. Kyle was playing with Bella. Jordan came up to me and sat on the counter. Then she asked maliciously, "So...how is Ace?"

I looked at her weirdly and answered, "Fine...."

"So you agreed to him? About Kyle?"

I sighed and nodded, "Yes, I did. I couldn't think of anything else, he threatened me to take this case to court and we all know what the verdict would be..."

She nodded, understanding. Then clapping her hands, she squealed, "VICTORIA IS COMING BACK!"

I asked her surprisingly, "She is? When?"

"In a week or two," she replied, her eyes shining. Victoria Smith is Jordan's elder sister. That is elder to her by two minutes. They both are like inseparable human beings who can communicate mentally. They absolutely adore each other but when they fight...hell breaks loose. Anyways, Victoria is a business woman. She owns a chain of hotels in New York and United Kingdom. Because of this, she is always travelling somewhere and Jordan doesn't get to see her much.

I replied, excitedly, "We are going to have so much fun!"

"Yep, we are," Jordan replied mischievously. She must have planned what we were going to do already. 

"I have already planned everything," she cried. See?

***

My phone beeped while I served the sandwich to Kyle. Jordan had been called to her office due to some emergency, they were short of make up artists in a show or some shit like that. She seemed to be very exuberant about it.

My phone beeped again.

I sighed and opened up the messages. There were two of them in the inbox by some unknown number.

UNKNOWN NUMBER: Hi...

UNKNOWN NUMBER: I am sorry...

Confused I typed, "Who is this?"

UNKNOWN NUMBER: *face palming* Ace of course!

I saved his number in my phone and typed.

ME: How did you get my number?

ACE: Sources...I won't elaborate so don't ask.

ME: So...

ACE: Yeah this is about Kyle... Are you free tomorrow, we can go the mall...All three of us

ME: No I am not free. But you can take him...

ACE: Okay, I will pick him up from his school. Where are you going tomorrow?

ME: None of your business. Do you know where his school is (I am pretty damn sure he knows)

ACE: Yeah

ME: How?

ACE: Sources...

I shut the phone after that and asked Kyle, "Sweetheart, you done your homework?"

He nodded and resumed reading his encyclopedia. He loves reading them.

"Daddy is going to take you to mall tomorrow," I told him.

He smiled and said excitedly, "Really? When?"

"After your school, excited huh?" I asked, running my hand through his hair.

"Very," he replied and turned to his book again.

Tomorrow will be a good day. She must have missed me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GUESS WHO THIS 'SHE' IS..

ANYWAYS THANKS FOR READING.

CAST: NATALIE PORTMAN AS VICTORIA SMITH.

AND IF YOU WANNA SEND ME COVERS OR BANNERS SEND THEM HERE:

alliegraham13@gmail.com