NOODLES

taehyung focus
you have got to be kidding me, taehyung thinks upon seeing jungkook sitting on his bed, twiddling with his phone. he doesn't see eun min studying him from head to toe or spot ji yeon at his desk.

anger rises in him, "you're sitting here playing fucking piano tiles whilst i was sitting at the ramen place for two freaking hours? oh my god, couldn't you have messaged me earlier to say that you rather play piano tiles than go out with me? do you know how embarrassed i was at the shop? the owner kept coming up to me and asking me to order but i didn't bring any damn money cause you said you'd treat me!" taehyung says, irritated and upset. his hands are tight fists on either side of him, brows furrowed and his eyes narrowed.

"tae-"

taehyung's eyes notice movement in the corner of his eyes and he turns to see a girl awkwardly standing up from jungkook's bed.

"uh," she starts, looking over taehyung's shoulder to look at jungkook. "we should go now."

we?

taehyung's throat tightens uncomfortably.

seriously jungkook? he thinks, hurt.
he turns to look at jungkook who stares at him wide eyed, shaking his head.

"sorry, am i interrupting something?" taehyung says, looking away and growing more and more frustrated. he grips his phone hard in one hand, trying to distract himself form the tears tickling his eyes. he tended to cry whenever he grew frustrated, even the littlest bit of frustration triggered the waterworks.

the girls laughs, "um, you have it all wrong. im jungkook's stepsister."

why is she here? did something happen? did jungkook-

. . . stepsister?

"huh?" taehyung looks up, confusion printed on his face.

"uh, well soon-to-be stepsister. im cha eun min." the girl says, outstretching her hand and giving taehyung a friendly grin.

soon-to-be stepsister?? taehyung thinks, finding it hard to wrap his head round the situation. he outstretches his hand nonetheless and shakes eun min's hand, a little dent forming between his brows as he tries not to frown.
"kim taehyung."

"i know what you're thinking eun, and it's not gonna happen - ive got dibs on him." jungkook voices out behind taehyung, his tone unimpressed.

eun min rolls her eyes and looks over her shoulder. "kim taehyung, right?" she appreciatively hums, nodding before snapping her to the side.
"ji yeon, let's go! jungkook's busy now."

"ji. . . yeon?" taehyung draws out, the name ringing a bell. he looks up to see a little girl sitting at his desk, flipping through his artwork with animated eyes.

ji yeon's brown eyes widen when she recognises taehyung, squealing "oh, it's the guy who steals oppa away at night! it's nice to see you again!" and taehyung remembers her immediately. colour floods his cheeks as eun min shakes her head at ji yeon.

"ji yeon what are you saying? you need to stop watching your mom's dramas." eun min tuts, holding her hand out for ji yeon to take.

eun min slightly bows her head as she walks towards taehyung to eun min.
"ah, i apologise for holding up jungkook - it wasn't his fault. ill go now but jungkook, i expect an answer soon!" she says over her shoulder as she leaves the dorm, ji yeon skipping besides her.

with a "bye oppa!", the door closes behind them and taehyung looks at jungkook with searching eyes.

"care to explain?" he sighs.

jungkook rubs the back of his head, "im sorry for ditching the date, i didn't realise how quick time went when i was talking to them. i promise to take you out again tomorrow if you want."

taehyung, still slightly miffed at the fact that jungkook hadn't messaged or even called him to tell him this, slips wordlessly out of his coat and unwinds his scarf from his neck.

he shouldn't still be pissed off; it wasn't jungkook's fault, his family came and he just got caught up - that was all. but despite that, taehyung's slight annoyance remained.

with a quiet sigh to himself, he looks up at jungkook and says "you're forgiven but you so owe me four bowls of ramen."

"of course, of course." jungkook hurriedly assures.

taehyung, tired, wary and just plain hungry, kneels besides his bed and pulls out a cardboard box from the underside. he pushes the tops of the cardboard to reveal the pot noodles stacked neatly and to the brim of the box.
his mom regularly sent him packages of pot noodles, knowing that her son wouldn't be able to cook for himself. so for the safety of the school, taehyung didn't cook and lived on chicken flavoured pot noodles.

"you're still mad, aren't you?" jungkook asks, breaking the silence settled in the room.

"im not mad."

he wasn't mad - more like he was just irritated with himself for convincing himself that jungkook would come soon and waited for him for an extra five minutes, then another few minutes, and then another until it all resulted in a two hours wait.

"seriously im not mad, don't worry." taehyung adds as he takes one pot noodle and nudges the box back in before walking towards the door.

"im gonna go hang out with hoseok and use his kettle." taehyung yawns, swinging the door open.

"tae-" jungkook starts, knowing that taehyung was still annoyed. but before he could apologise again, taehyung leaves the dorm with his pot noodles in his hand, ignoring jungkook.