Chapter 35

Chapter 35 READ A/N at the end

(Blake POV) Not edited

"What the hell is happening?" I growled gently while holding Angels' cool body as her breath fogged her mask.
"Not sure, but her parents are on the way along with her grandparents," My mom stated while checking Angels charts. I was preparing for a hunt when I received word that Angel was in the clinic, when I came in I was shocked to see her hair pitch black, her skin was paler than normal and her eyes were glazed over white as if she was blind.
"Her stats are up to par, the only problem is her breathing and heart rate," she muttered glancing at Angel.
"The extra oxygen should help with both," she said adjusting her IV's as her mom bounced into the room looking rather excited.
"What the hell is going on?" I asked slightly angry with her excitement, she turned to me with a sparkle in her eye.
"Something exciting," She exclaimed as the beta walked in and took hold of his wife while looking over at Angel with worry.
"Can she handle this?" He asked my mother who seemed to sigh and shake her head.
"Honestly I'm not sure, so far she's stable but its putting a strain on her heart and we don't want that right now,"
"But she'll get better afterwards," her mom stated grinning like a mad man I clenched my jaw wanting to know why she's so damn excited for her especially when she's in this state.
"What's so damn exciting about this?" I shouted while growling, she stopped and turned to me with a look that could kill.
"Hush, she's fine we all go through it and...." She paused and cocked her head to the side with a smirk.
"Blake stop and you can stop too," My mom scowled both of us I frowned as she pouted and hugged her husband.
"Someone please just tell what's going on," Angels mother peeked out from James shirt with a frown.
"It's her inheritance; she's going to phase and..." She was cut off by Jace running in out of breath I groaned and asked what he wanted.
"Rogues on the territory southwest and on the east, I sent out half to the east, but we need all hands," I stood up reluctantly along with Beta James (father). I gave one last look at my mate watching her struggle to breath before leaving out praying that nothing would happen while I was gone.

(Angel POV)

"Um can I go home?" I asked was we walked through his village, I watched as some stopped and bowed ever so slightly before going about their business I looked at Kheelan as a small smile appeared.
"Are you in charge?" I asked curiously as everyone seemed to do the same thing.
"No they only bow when in the presence of someone powerful," My eyes widen Kheelans powerful.
"You're awesome," I muttered in awe he chuckled and shook his head at me as if I misinterpreted what he meant.
"It's not me Angel," He stated laughing again as I frowned slightly confused if it's not him then who is it.
"You," He stated I gasped and looked around seeing everyone lowering their heads to me.
"Me!?"I point to myself causing him to laugh and nod again.
"Are you sure?" I asked looking up at him to make sure he was joking with me I rolled his eyes.
"Yes I'm sure,"
"Oh," I breathed out now I'm super confused I don't think I'm strong, but they do which is weird cause I'm pretty weak right now.
"Don't worry, you're very powerful, you have a strong clan running through you, if anything you may be the strongest especially with the blood of a Beta lycan," he stated as if that made sense to me.
"But I don't have a wolf," I explained as he guided into a stone building I looked around seeing that it was a bar and not a house. We walked up to the bar seeing a big burly man cleaning cups.
"Kheelan what have I told you about bringing underage members into the bar," he scowled as I sat on the bar stool grinning and hoping he would at least give me a small taste of liquor. Ms. Michele said I'm not allowed to drink due to my heart and because I'm underage but I think I can handle it.
"I'd like a strong drink," I stated pulling out some bills I had in my pocket Kheelan laughed as the guy gave me a look before reaching behind him. I grinned watching him mix drinks together before he placed a red drink with a cherry in front of me. I grabbed it immediately and took a long sip only to pout at it.
"Its soda," I exclaimed disappointed even though it is tasty.
"It's a Shirley Temple, you're underage," He said before looking at Kheelan
"She's here for the test," He asked Kheelan nodded and took a seat next to me.
"Yup and moderate training, she's not aware yet," I sipped on my drink eying the two and trying to figure out what test I have to take because I didn't study for anything but I should be able to ace it.
"Take her out," he gestured towards the back as I handed him my cup for another refill. He filled up quickly while placing an extra cherry in it.
"Thank You and what test?" I finally asked as Kheelan stood up again, he gestured for to follow him. I trailed behind in curiosity while slowly drinking out my cup as we walked towards the back of the building.
"Do I get a prize?" I question as we stepped into a dark room I scooted closer to Kheelan not liking the darkness that came with it.
"Lights," I say taking his hand he chuckled and turned the lights on I gasped in complete awe it was like the training room at the pack but so much better it looks like a field, a real field.
"So this is where we'll begin," he stated guiding me through the grass. I was still distracted by the environment around and the energy filling me up. I smiled I like this.
"Here change out your clothes, you'll be tested and then trained," Kheelan handed me a pair of white pants with a matching shirt. He pointed to small structure almost looked like an outhouse.
"Go change, he'll be here soon," I opened my mouth to asked a question but he placed a finger over my lips.
"Change first," I nodded and walked off I'm hoping everyone at home is okay I had felt bad energy before I came here.