Chapter 14: Keys.

"So, he gave you a key to his apartment?" Nicolas asked Emilee who swung the door open. The blonde girl nodded, looking around as she stepped in, "I begged for it. I mean, I assume he moved in not so long ago, so it must suck not having any friends."

Nicolas let out a small chuckle at the comment as he closed the door to the apartment of his assistant, "I would ask if this is considered breaking-and-entering, but since you have his house key, I'll ignore it. Though, may I ask why you called me again?"

"I thought it would be smart," she responded, putting her blonde wavy hair in a ponytail. She divided her hair a bit, using the smaller portion as a hair tie, "Maybe he was killed!"

"Is that your first theory when one of your friends doesn't answer your phone call?" Nicolas questioned coldly. The CEO sat on the sofa that was against the wall, watching Emilee fix her hair. Of course, he wouldn't admit it, but he was curious about whether Serene would walk downstairs shirtless again. His dark blue jeans paired with the grey hoodie he wore. Being that Emilee had bombarded his phone with calls and messages. Nicolas didn't have a choice in what he should wear.

Emilee nodded, putting her arms down, finishing with her hair, "Yeah," she answered, "so, don't even think of rejecting my phone call, Mr. Anderson. I will assume you were murdered! " she mocked as she walked upstairs.

Nicolas scoffed at the answer, but stopped once he realized that Emilee had stopped walking mid-way, "Uh- come up with me? Maybe the killer's upstairs."

Nicolas sighed, shaking his head as he stood on his feet again. Emilee continued to walk up the stairs as Nicolas followed her. Four doors and a small balcony were the first things the two saw, "Do you think Seven will let me be his roommate?" Emilee asked, walking towards the mini balcony, and looking over the living room.

Nicolas rolled his eyes, walking towards the door that was directly in front of the stairs, "I doubt it. Ochoa seems like an introvert." He raised his hand to the golden-colored doorknob, opening the door slowly. His eyes widened, seeing his assistant's slim body lying on the bed. The PA's room was clean. A nightstand was set beside his queen size bed. The grey sheets complemented the white, dull wallpaper of his room. It seemed very modern; very costly.

Nicolas let his hand fall off the doorknob, letting out a soft sigh. For a second he asked himself if barging into his bedroom was morally right. It seemed like the first time he was in the assistant's apartment, it was right since they were going to be late for the meeting at the seafood place. Though, seeing it now, Nicolas believed that entering into his bedroom was a bit over the top for a boss to be doing.

He ignored the angel on his shoulders, walking slowly towards Serene. His messy copper-colored hair settled around on the white pillows that lay beneath his head. Serene's eyes were closed, and a soft smile spread on his face. Nicolas stopped near the bed, looking down at the slender male. His throat became stiff for a second, seeing Seven sleeping peacefully. He knelt on the wooden floor slowly, setting his arms on the bed, staring at his assistant who still hasn't woken up.

Nicolas felt his lips form a small grin, his eyes studying every feature of Serene's features. His dark freckles splattered on his face, making Nicolas want to caress them. Everything around him went dark and silent and the only thing he concentrated on was the younger male who slept in front of him. The CEO's shoulders loosened up, feeling every spec of stress and tension leave his body. It was like entering the room dropped a huge weight on his shoulders that were named guilt, but seeing Seven peacefully resting lifted that weight and gave Nicolas something else to focus on.

Serene's eyes opened, revealing his emerald-colored eyes. A loving smile appeared on his face, not grasping who was sitting in his view. Nicolas sat there for a while, not wanting to move away from his spot. He felt comfortable. Emotionally and physically.