5.5 : fantasy

[For those of you who read what I had previously written for Part 3: Unlike I said in my "ON HOLD" disclaimer, it will be a lot different than the previous part 3, but hopefully better. In this version, Carmen is still in highschool, and her and Isaac are now living with the fairy who helped her after she came back to life. Hope this clears up some impending confusion.]

"You're over-thinking this, just take a deep breath and let it happen naturally." Mrs. Giron instructed for the hundredth time, pacing around the backyard of their newly shared home. Her eyes were trained on Carmen just feet in front of her as the teenage girl rubbed her temples in frustration.

"It's been hours." Carmen sighed, shutting her eyes. "Can't we take a break?"

"We're not breaking until you get this down." Eva raised her eyebrows seriously, "Now, get the girls out and try again."

Carmen rolled her eyes at her but obliged, sprouting her wings again. She took a deep breath and let go of every thought that clouded her mind, just as Mrs.Giron had instructed her to do. She felt a tingling in her back as the black wings began to flap shallowly and her feet slowly began to lift from the ground. This part was easy- She had done this hundreds of times now. It was staying up that was the problem for Carmen.

She opened her eyes and looked down to see that she was about 4 feet above the ground.

"Now, just start flapping harder." Mrs.Giron voice boomed from below, "Lean forward to start moving that way, but keep your balance or else you'll tip over."

Carmen gulped and nodded, slowly tipping forward. As Mrs.Giron had said before, she began to very slowly move forward. She spread her arms and wobbled a bit, but this time, unlike the other 500 times, she was able to catch herself and keep upright instead of falling to the ground. A wide smile spread across her face and she gasped with glee.

"I'm doing it!" She called out to Mrs.Giron, who also had a blossomed smile on her face. "I'm really doing it!"

"Good!" Mrs.Giron called, "Try going higher, then try to move in a circle!"

Carmen was finally beginning to learn to fly correctly, and now that she was here, she wasn't giving up easy. She went up higher, but not high enough so that she surpassed the roof of the house. If the neighbors saw a strange girl rising from the roof, she reckoned it wouldn't play out well.

Once she was high enough to please Mrs.Giron and herself, she began to slowly move in circles, her body shifting and guiding her to where she wanted to go. She was completely ecstatic as after a few minutes she began to move faster, going corner to corner in the yard and keeping herself up. Soon, she was flying full figure eights around the yard.

"I can't believe this!" She exclaimed, pacing around in front of Mrs.Giron in the air. "This is-"

"Hey, I brought White Castle!" A voice suddenly interrupted, the sound of the metal gate squeaking catching both of their attention.

Carmen lost her control due to the distraction and began to topple forwards, but luckily, her reflexes caught her and she did a flip before gradually descending back to the ground. Her bare feet planted into the fresh cut grass and she came face to face with Mrs.Giron and Isaac, whom was holding the aforementioned White Castle bag in his left hand.

"DID YOU SEE THAT!?" Carmen yelled loudly, voice cracking in midst of her excitement, "I JUST FREAKING FLEW! I JUST- OH MY GOD! I DID IT RIGHT THIS TIME!"

"I saw!" Isaac shouted back, meeting her excitement with a hearty laugh, pulling the girl into his arms for a hug. "I'm so proud of you!"

"She's getting the hang of this." Mrs.Giron smirked, "Soon she'll be flying like an expert without thinking about it."