Chapter 16

Jeremy Gilbert paced quietly in the empty classroom, aware of the light blue eyes that were tracking his movements silently

Jeremy Gilbert paced quietly in the empty classroom, aware of the light blue eyes that were tracking his movements silently. They didn't have anything to say to each other—not really. They had both gotten the same message from the same person to meet in this classroom at this time and now they were just staying put.

The door flew open and Jeremy turned around quickly enough to see the flash of brown hair as the door was rushed closed again. Jeremy immediately ceased pacing and just stared at the face of his older sister.

Her face looked flushed—her eyes red and puffy, the slight sniffles that she couldn't seem to help even though she was currently a vampire—and her eyes held an extreme anger that Jeremy wasn't familiar with coming from her.

She ran her fingers through her hair and sighed out shakily before stopping and looking up at them. "I don't care what anyone else says, the Originals are planning something."

"Elena—" Matt interrupted, somewhat wearily, but Elena silenced him with a heated glare.

"I know something is up. They did something to Caroline and Bonnie. Bonnie, who has every reason to hate them all, is constantly defending them. There is clearly something wrong."

"Ok even if there was something going on, what could we even do?" Jeremy piped in and watched his sister. "Matt and I are human and you just became a vampire. Damon is like a third their age."

Elena's eyes flashed at the mention of Damon but she didn't say anything. "That's why we would let the hunter do his job. With a little push of course." A smirk formed on her face.

"What are you talking about?" Matt asked and Elena turned to him with a mischievous look.

"I'm talking about pointing the hunter in Erikah and Rebekah's direction and letting him do the rest."

"Great plan except that if their brothers find out that we had anything to do with it they'll kill us." Jeremy said but Elena's smirk didn't leave.

"Then we make sure that they don't find out."

~~~

Connor Jordan sat on the steps leading inside his trailer, carving one of his hunter symbols onto a wooden stake. He heard the sounds of leaves crunching under boots and a faint smile crossed his face.

"You got a vampire for me?" He called out loud, already knowing who was approaching.

The little Gilbert remained silent for a few seconds before he sighed loudly. "No." Connor looked up at that. "But I know where you can find one. Two actually. Erikah and Rebekah. They're sisters."

Connor smiled inwardly because he already knew about Rebekah—that the vampire was throwing a party soon. "Hmm. Your high school is crawling with them." Jeremy nodded absently and Connor got to his feet, tucking the stake away. "That Rebekah is throwing a party, the audacity."