CHAPTER SEVENTY TWO

HI IM SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE IVE BEEN IN LA TRYING TO MEET 5SOS AND ILL JUST LEAVE IT AT THE FACT I HAD VERY SAD EXPERIENCE AND I WOULD LIKE TO TAKE THIS MOMENT TO SAY FUCK YOU TO THE SECURITY GUARD WHO WAS THE REASON I COULDNT MEET ASHTON AND WHO ALSO LAUGHED AT ME FOR CRYING ABOUT IT LIKE OH SORRY I COULDNT MEET THE LOVE OF MY LIFE IM SO DONE RIGHT NOW but anywho, follow me on twitter :) @whirwin

"Mom?" I called out as I pushed into my house Sunday afternoon. I had spent another perfect night with Ashton, and yet no one has bothered to call or text me. It confused me beyond extent, but I would definitely ask my mother why right now.

"In here!" I heard her voice reply from the kitchen. I walked in through the enterance, to see her filling out bills or something. She looked up at me, and it wasn't until then that I realized the last time we communicated was our fight. I sighed, and sat down across from her. "Hey," I said quitely.

"You alright?" she asked, her tone casual. She looked up from the papers infront of her, pushing her reading glasses up her nose.

"Yeah..." my voice trailed off. "... its uh, nice to see you again? You know, what with me being out of this house for 2 days-"

"Oh right, good thing I didn't need my car this weekend." she replied. My heart sank, because that can't be all she has to say.

"Did you even bother to ask me where I was?" I persisted.

"We just figured with Natalie or something." she shrugged.

"I was with Ashton." I muttered.

"Even better!" she said, her tone sounded bored.

"So, you didn't care that I was out for two whole days? No contact between us whatsoever?"

My mother shook her head no, and kept her eyes back down on the bills. My heart sank further and further down, until the dismay was completely weighing it down to the bottom of my stomach. I know I always complain about my parents not giving me more privledges and treating me like a kid, but this hurt.

"Oh," was all I could say after a long pause. "Okay then." The room was silent, and it was as if nothing was wrong; like she wasn't acting like a total bitch right now. A sudden longing of my mother's attention seemed to wash over me, and I kept talking.

"It's not like I care or anything," I blurted out, leaning forward in my chair. "Like-"

"Brooke, please," My mother snapped. "I really need to finish this."

The atmosphere went from awkward to saddening and uncomfortable in almost an instant. I slowly slumped back in my seat, my mind not letting my legs to move. There has to be something else for her to say... anything. But she didn't, and my sufficiency of disappointment seemed to grow with every second that passed.

Finally, I sighed and got up.

...

I woke up on Thursday morning with a terrible headache. It was only 8:00, the pain in my head causing me to awaken on such short notice. At least I didn't have school.

The first couple of days of winter break were actually pretty relaxing. I ended up going to the mall with Natalie and Sydney and Ashton and I had about 3 thai food dates after his shift at the record shop ended. Christmas was 2 days ago, and it was only okay. With me getting older, there isn't really anything that I want, and I just got clothes and shoes and money to get anything else with. I didn't mind, though, because what really got me happy was the fact that Ashton put those sick drums in his house, and now he can finally be more professional about his gifted talents. I didn't want anything this holiday except for that, and I'm glad he let me buy it for him.