Seven || Last First Day

|| Last First Day

Sunshine radiated down over northern California as the morning carried on, a brightness to the campus of BHHS that was often void.

Excited students filtered onto the grounds of the school, cars fighting for good parking spots and curious how many freshman could be shoved into lockers by the end of the day.

Jacy parked the Honda in the senior lot, nearest to the building, and climbed out with her bag and a tray of coffee. She nudged the driver's door shut with her hip, dropping her keys into her bag once she'd locked the vehicle.

Her worries of the previous night had gone vacant in her mind, the clairvoyant making her way up towards the main entrance of the high school.

Theo lingered by the bottom of the stairs, fumbling with his printed out schedule.

Jacy crossed the street with a smile, unaware that Stiles and Allison had noted Theo's arrival and disappeared inside. "Hey, Raeken."

Turning over his shoulder, Theo grinned. "Hey, Parrish."

"How do you not have your own car?" she asked, holding out the coffee she'd ordered for him. "Didn't you get a truck while we were taking segment 2 together?"

"It's not here yet," Theo replied with a light shrug before taking a sip of his latte. "My parents wouldn't let me make the drive so they shipped my truck instead."

Jacy tilted her head in agreement, "Understandable."

"Still have Petunia?" he questioned the brunette as the two of them headed up the steps, adjusting his backpack while speaking.

"Oh yeah," said Jacy, "she's my baby."

Theo pulled open the door for Jacy, letting her duck under his arm and into the building. "You were so happy when you got that thing. Not to mention everyone was jealous you got a brand new car for your 16th."

Jacy softly laughed, walking down the hall next to Theo. "Only because that was court money," she defended. "Money that I didn't even want."

"Always pushing is your dad's style," Theo remarked.

Amusedly, Jacy nodded. "You have no idea, Raeken."

"I'm glad you finally punched him, by the way. You were even featured in the school newspaper for it."

Jacy shook her head with a soft grin. "It was an interesting time while he was here, to say the least. He's even more of a dick than I remember."

"Example," he requested, a typical phrase he'd used through underclassmen years.

"Well, he tried to kill me," Jacy offered. "Wolfsbane's a bitch, but you seem to be in the same boat."

Theo slightly laughed, it evident the two had to part ways as they reached Jacy's locker. "Yeah, uh, we should talk about that. Catch up, y'know?"

"That would be great," Jacy replied as she keyed in her locker combo.

Walking slightly backwards, Theo smiled. "Catch you later, Parrish. I'll text you."

"Later Raeken," Jacy chimed, the exchange of last names reviving middle and early high school memories in the clairvoyant.

Students bustled around Jacy, clicks of locks and lockers littering the hallway as everyone filtered toward homeroom. Keys jingled and shoes tapped, confirming the reality that summer was really over.