book three of four

the past - a tetralogy

A four-part series dedicated to those with a bad past, yet who somehow managed to turn themselves around. Forgiveness, Purpose, Strength, and Resilience. Four stories, four individuals. These are short stories that contain doses of self-hatred, disaster, love, and hope.

You do not need to read these stories in any particular order!

book three: strength

Adam Hernandez has been through two tours in Afghanistan as a member of the U.S. Army. He receives a medal of Army Commendation for sacrifices made in service of his country, and returns home to be with his wife and start a family. Adam is deeply respected by his close friends and community as a distinguished veteran.

But returning from war contains a great deal of gore along with the glory.

Adam struggles with crippling PTSD, jumping at gunshots no one else can hear and gripped by night terrors where he is back across the Pacific in hostile territory. He deals with the aftereffects of the war in a home where no one can possibly understand what it's like.

He's supposed to start a family and return to normal. But how can Adam expect to raise a son or daughter when his very mind has turned against him?