Chapter 15: The party

"Ochoa," Nicolas whispered. Seven furrowed his eyebrows, recognizing the tone of voice. It sounded the same as when Nicolas was waking him up for the morning meeting. Seven opened his eyes slowly and saw that they were parked in the driveway of a house. A pain developed in his head the second he started sitting up straight on the car seat. He had slept throughout the drive to the donation party and was in a bad position since his neck was aching. He glanced at the clock in the Corvette, "It's 6? Are we late?" he asked. Nicolas had mentioned that he would pick him up at 5 pm. 

Back at the apartment, the second Seven got into the Corvette, no words were exchanged. Though, Serene would share a few glances at his boss as he drove, and recognized a whole different aura on him. His eyes were empty, focused on the road. His tanned hands would move around the steering wheel as if Nicolas was keeping them from being stiff - though, it looked more like Nicolas trying to shake off his nervousness. The veins on his hands would be visible with every clench Nick did on the wheel. Serene didn't know what to say at that time. He wanted to ask if his associate was feeling alright, but the assistant shrugged it off and turned his attention outside the window until he started feeling himself falling asleep.

Remembering it now, Seven turned his attention to Nicolas to see if the same aura was still on him.

"We're not late. My father just fancies living far away from business as possible." Nicolas responded, turning off the car. He held the keys in his hands and lied his head back onto the car seat. The aura was still there. Nicolas inhaled silently, but deeply as if he was about to take a deep dive into the ocean. Ochoa eyed him for a second and then turned his attention to the house that was outside his window.

It was a three-story house with a line of small bushes that were aligned with the shape of the house. Two palm trees were set on both sides of the house as if they were two welcoming pillars. The house was a beige color with a brown tiled roof. Bay windows were set near the brown door, revealing the living room from the inside. It was a fancy house, yet modern. Serene would have never thought he'd go into a house like this.

"It's gorgeous." he expressed.

"You think so?" Nicolas sighed. Seven didn't expect an answer from the CEO. He turned to face him, seeing the taller male's eyebrows furrowed as his lips frowned. He kept his eyes shut, gripping the car keys in his hand. Seven could only assume Mr. Anderson was trying to hold back something. Though, since Ochoa didn't feel like he was in the right place to intrude, he sighed and stuck to business, "Sir, should we go inside?"

Nicolas didn't respond for a few seconds, his eyes still shut. It wasn't until Seven let out a harsh exhale that Nicolas opened his eyes.  Not responding to his assistant, he opened his car door, signaling Serene to get out of the car as well.

The fresh air hit Ochoas's face as he stepped out, closing the door behind him. The soreness on his neck slowly went away as he looked around the neighborhood they were in. It was a rich neighborhood, and if Seven squinted down the street, he could see that they were in a gated community.

Though, the assistant didn't let himself get too excited over the fancy environment. Usually, he'd talk for hours about how different he felt and how he fancied the way things looked. What stopped him was the fact that he was in a professional event, adding to the fact that his boss didn't seem like he was in a talkative mood.

Ochoa was observant. He was usually well with picking out small details and coming to a conclusion silently. That's exactly what he did when he entered the corvette back into his apartment. Noticing Nicolas' constant hand moving on the steering wheel as if trying to adjust to something, and also noticing the pressure he put on his hands from the way his veins became visible - he realized how tense the CEO was... and to Serene, he believed that as his assistant, Nicolas' emotions mattered more than anything.