Cold Blood (pt 2)

The hologram was back on the screen for just a moment—just enough for the Doctor to tell Rory Amy was fine, and to bring Alaya back. I sat at the table next to Restac trying to calm myself down.

Again.

"I'd say you've got a fair bit to talk about," The Doctor leaned forward, his hands on the table.

"How so?" Restac folded his hands in front of him diplomatically.

"You both want the planet. You both have a genuine claim to it."

"Are you authorized to negotiate on behalf of humanity?"

The Doctor smiled, pointing to Amy and Nasreen on the other side of the table. "No, but they are."

"What?" Nasreen asked incredulously.

"No, we're not!" Amy huffed.

"Course you are. Amy Pond and Nasreen Chaudhry, speaking for the planet? Humanity couldn't have better ambassadors. Come on, who has more fun than us?" The Doctor tried convincing them, punching his fists excitedly and walking to the other side of the table.

"And what about you?" Nasreen looked to me pointedly.

I raised my eyebrows, lost in thought, or rather a numb lack thereof, not realizing she was speaking to me at first. "Oh, me? Not human," I smiled shyly, getting up to stand back next to the Doctor again, excluding myself from the picture. I had come to accept not being human now, but for some reason, I felt embarrassed admitting it in that moment.

Amy stood up suddenly, joining the Doctor and I and quickly asking, "Is this what happens, in the future? The planet gets shared? Is that what we need to do?"

Nasreen stood up curiously also. "Uh, what are you talking about?"

"Oh! Nasreen, sorry—probably worth mentioning at this stage," The Doctor threw his hands up and shut his eyes, as if he just truly forgot to bring it up. "Amy, Nova and I travel in time a bit."

Nasreen seemed more surprised at the fact that he didn't tell her rather than the actual fact, and crossed her arms. "Anything else?"

The Doctor gave Amy and I a look, before turning to pace around the room. "There are fixed points through time where things must always stay the way they are. This is not one of them. This is an opportunity—a temporal tipping point. Whatever happens today, will change future events, create its own timeline, its own reality. The future pivots around you, here, now! So do good, for humanity, and for Earth."

Everyone in the room gave him their full attention, and I knew they all felt the weight of this moment. However, to me, it already felt like a fixed point in time, because I already knew one outcome, and I was terrified of changing it. I kept telling myself that everyone will be okay in the end—because what if that's what the people on Gallifrey wanted me to do? What if they did that to me because wanted me around enough to change something? Making the call on whether or not the future was right or wrong made me feel like I was playing god, which was definitely not something I wanted to do. I knew what the consequences would be, but then again, I didn't.

Either way—I could not stop time passing. Either way, my presence was doing something, and part of me was wondering whether or not I had a choice in how much it was doing anymore, whether I even wanted one.

Amy's eyes went wide. "Right. No pressure there, then."

"We can't share the planet! Nobody on the surface is going to go for this idea. It is just too big a leap," Nasreen tried reasoning with the Doctor.