Chapter Twenty-One

A/N: Alongside the story I'm going to be posting pictures of the new characters one by one, last chapter was Ethan and Aiden (who we all already know), this chapter is Daisy - let me know what you think just by the looks of her!

Those of you who added me on twitter will already recognise her - I'll post the next face with the next chapter, or even sooner on twitter! Add BekkaChaos ;p

                                                  ~ ~ ~

It was Friday morning and the school bell was due to ring in the next few minutes. Boyd walked briskly down the corridors until he saw that familiar small figure with the blonde braid and summer dress walking slowly to one side.

He sped up to meet her and matched her pace so that he could walk alongside her.

“Aren’t you worried that you might be seen?” She asked softly.

Boyd shrugged. “Not so much.” He said and Daisy’s lips twitched into a pinched smile. “Besides, I think Erica’s been able to smell you on me.”

“She’s the blonde, isn’t she?” Boyd nodded. “So what class do you have first?”

“Study hall.”

Daisy looked up with those big grey-blue eyes. “Me too.” She said, holding out her hand to him.

Boyd smiled and slipped his fingers into her petite grip, letting her drag him off and out onto the school grounds for the morning, the two of them finally setting up camp in the forest line by the lacrosse pitch.

“So, why do you always wear dresses like that? It’s not exactly the weather for it.” Boyd asked as they sat back on their elbows and watched the gym class being cruelly punished by the coach for one thing or another.

She looked over to him with a smile. “I never used to get the chance, so now I wear them because I can.” She said. “Besides, I don’t feel the cold as much anymore.”

Boyd nodded. “It’s nice isn’t it?”

“You know all the mythology says that werewolves are monsters, these evil creatures that take over the body of a man – or woman – during the full moon and turn them into a killing machine… None of them ever say anything about feeling so free.” She said.

Boyd watched her expression shift and change as her mind travelled past many different points in her history in just a few moments.

“It’s kind of like waking up to a new world, huh?” He said.

She turned to look at him with a smile that said that he was the first person she had met who felt the same way. “The others were born the way they are, they don’t know what it means to be human. They don’t understand how different it is.”

“I get that.” Boyd said softly.

Their eyes shared a connection for a moment before Daisy shuffled closer, her fingers touching the edges of Boyd’s hand as she leant in to him. Their eyes didn’t part until their faces were just a hair’s breadth away from one another, and then they were closed as Daisy pressed her soft lips against Boyd’s for just a fleeting moment.